Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    IC Archives    2021 Threads    Private We strike the sky until the sun bows

Private  We strike the sky until the sun bows    @Jira/Earth
Thread Closed
Played by    115 Posts Jessie Michels
Jessie observed his target not quite from distance, but he observed him from across the street, anyway. He counted the paces. He counted what many, or few feet separated them-- he flipped a little (and useless) coin in his palm as he toyed with the idea of distance-- and he gazed on and on in his smiling, and casual way--

Indeed but a stranger.

A harmless, within the walls of the Citadel stranger found right within the part of the city modeled after the times from long ago. He didn’t remember them. He’d not been born in them.

And yet the street that stretched on on his right and left remarkably occurred to him as something fake-- as a replacement for times never to be lived again, allowed to entrench its visitors in the beguiling, in the sick impression of no real badness awaiting beyond the tall, and ivory walls of this place; that death existed at all may have been an impression-- may have been a story one told their misbehaving toddler, anything to get the children to sleep, any kind of a lie to get the eyes shutting.

But these weren’t lies.

And as Jessie observed the oblivious target on, and on, as the day raged hot, and as visions of ivory walls existed permanent, haunting and evil in his eyes, he was contemplating the many lies the city told; the many deaths that the slums offered; the very gruesome, and ugly reality of the world he had seen--

And he should not have seen--

Oh, may he be one of the people here; the rich, the stupid, the ignorant--

Perhaps that was why he had accepted this mission. Barring the fact he’d had no real say, he thought the rich stupid, of course; he thought them arrogant and he found them silly, and helpless but children--

Surely, he looked at his target with very much the same; the spirit of his judgmental thoughts did not leave him as the target moved down the street, and Jessie’s eyes-- blue, as blue, or even bluer than the skies-- watched him go, and Jessie, into at all that, mysteriously smiled.

When he finally tossed the coin into the air-- when he caught it and held it in his palm, and when he started off the spot, perhaps he had finished what mulling he had needed--- perhaps, he had made up his mind, or maybe he had been possessed by a playful, laughing sprite that charmed a truly smile evil across his mouth.

It wouldn’t be a smile really evil, neither evil in the sense of being mean, or hideous--

It was a smile mischievous, promising secrets and adventures--

A smile warm, and a smile made, and intended to be warm.

That made it evil. That the shape of his purpose wasn’t heart-felt, at all.

And yet Jessie crossed the street-- he didn’t attract the attention of the patrolling military, and he wouldn’t. He dodged any vehicles-- which acted as if the world revolved ‘bout, usually.

He fell in line with his target, following a face paces behind until the subject committed, on this kind, gorgeous day, yet another crime:

Peered into another window display--

And Jessie, then, acted at once.

He approached.

He snuck up onto the stranger from behind, and indeed he bumped into him, and pushed chest into a back as if to pin this stranger against the window display--

Then--

“Oh my god!”

Laughing, Jessie backed away.

He looked shocked-- his cheeks were red, and his laughter, while jolly, was also nervous.

But mostly jolly.

“Shit,” he cussed, hand brought up to his mouth, “I thought, I thought-- oh my god I’m so sorry, I confused you with someone and--”

He was laughing. Giddy.

Embarrassed.

His cheeks indeed burning--

And his eyes-- vivaciously-- brimming.

Posted 05-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Played by    7 Posts Earth Ayutthaya
Earth was... lost, for want of a better way of putting it. It had been three days since he'd been kicked out of his parents home, three days since he's father had 'washed his hands' of his 'bent' son. And he'd yet to do, well anything. He had no place to live, and was currently bouncing around from couch to couch, he didn't have a lot of close friends, and those he did have, mostly still lived with their parents, and so staying with them didn't remain an option once their parents had spoken to his. His father was so rich and powerful, none of his friends parents, whether they agreed with the reasons for his being disowned, or not, wanted to go against his father's wishes, so he'd be off to find another couch.

Tonight though... well he had no where left to turn, tonight he would have to fend for himself. He had just enough money for a motel, for one or two nights, but they were so expensive, and he just... it was an imperfect solution.

That was why he was here, peering in the window of a rental business, looking miserably at all the apartments he couldn't afford. Not even close, the money his father had granted him as an allowance, was not even enough to pay a third of the rent on any of these places. That meant he would have to leave the inner citadel... which he wasn't ready to do. He'd been to other parts of the city sure, but never to live!. He was... scared, alone, anxious. He needed help but had no where to turn.

And then, he was being hugged? from behind and someone was apologising profusely, he blushed scarlet, shy at the best of times, he was ready to disappear into the crowd as soon as possible. He ducked his head, nodded, he couldn't bring himself to make eye contact, he knew his eyes always gave away how he was feeling, and he wasn't looking for a strangers pity right now.

"It's okay, really, I'm sure it's an easy mistake." He didn't include, the 'it must be nice to have someone you're close enough too, that hug attacks on the street are the normal way of greeting them.' That was altogether too many words to say at once for the introverted young man who was already close to panicking about how he was going to survive the night in a city he'd never actually spent an unsheltered night in before.

Tag Jessie Michels
Posted 05-01-2021, 06:38 PM
The little one blushed.

Aww.

God you’re not gonna survive in this world.

Jessie kept his thoughts to himself-- and as the threat of any altercation perished, he shoved his hands in his pockets, still sporting that appearance of someone delightfully in shame.

And why shouldn’t he? After all, he had bumped into this cute-ass pumpkin here, ain’t that a shame, really?

Ain’t it?

Jessie smiled.

“Aw, I’m glad you agree, not many would have, not in this world,” he chirped, and then he swung himself on the balls of his heels excitedly, before peering past the other to glimpse where he had been looking--

Rentals. Why of course. Adorable lil Earth ain’t been having much of a luck in that department.

Didn’t that suck balls.

But Jessie-- if he had pieced together something somber (he had), let none of that show, instead scuttling closer to give the window display a larger peer-- and one more focused, as if he too had some business to conduct in here, or figured that this show should draw him in closer, and interest him for the next days, or more.

“Oh, man,” he spoke, “ain’t those costly… god you must be super rich to be looking these up,” he cooed, sounding impressed-- he grimaced, though, as should anyone of a sound mind to realize that indeed all these on the offer cost an arm and a leg to afford.

Not a problem, surely not considering where they were--

Right?

Code:
[template1]POST HERE

[speech]"SPEECH"[/speech]

[/template1]
Posted 05-02-2021, 03:57 AM
Earth didn't know one way or the other, what most people would think or do in most situations. He had spent his life coddled and protected by his over bearing mother, and strict father. He had spent a life of privilege where he'd never been hungry or had to wear old clothes. He had lovely things all around him, even though he had heard that outside the citadel things weren't as good for others, he had no concept of what that meant exactly. He knew the word 'slums' he knew the word 'poor' but he had no reality to put with the words. So they were simply words to him.

He did however, or was rather starting too, understand that he was no longer in that privileged position, that the very small amount of money his father had bestowed on him when kicking his gay ass out of the house, did not qualify him as 'super rich' and he felt his face flush with embarrassment and shook his head sadly, moving away from the window full of places he had no hope in affording and sighed. He felt his eyes sting, and he hoped to god he didn't start crying next, because this whole situation was embarrassing enough.

"I was just looking, super rich is not how I'd put it..." He replied, his tone shy and withdrawn, someone observant might see there was more to the story, most probably wouldn't. He wouldn't have, if the roles were reversed, but he'd never really been great at social interaction or reading others. He was friendly and easy going, most of the time, or he was before his world was turned upside down at least. Now he was just.. trying to exist but completely unsure how to go about it.

He ran a hand through thick black hair, and gave the stranger a sweet smile, "It was nice to meet, you, I'll stop bothering you now. Have a good day." And with that he turned and began to move off down the street, there was no need to take up any more of the nice man's time. And he still had to find his way into some sort of living situation before night fall.

Tag Jessie Michels
Posted 05-02-2021, 05:21 PM This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 05:22 PM by Earth Ayutthaya
The little one flushed; cute, and red upon his cheeks and Jessie reminded himself--

Nah, don’t call him a lil one--

That’s gross--

--considering what all this may involve.

So: Earth blushed, and Jessie did find it adorable-- really now, he wasn’t sure of what other ways he could feel when someone appeared so utterly lost, so embarrassed as if a man caught with his pants down around his knees, dick out and leaking--

Really: cute, it’d be it, and Jessie inclined his head at the man--

“You wouldn’t,” he echoed, softly so in the backdrop of the street noise; it was a noise so life-like, so real that as Jessie continued to pretend he knew the life from before, that as Jessie behaved, honestly, as if he had so many memories of a life before the virus struck the lands--

He found the noises so easy to get lost in.

Vivace and life.

All about-- surrounding him and in empathy, he smiled.

He opened his mouth--

Parted it, really, the lips before he blinked, and any kind of words he may have wanted to spill found a red light in the other leaving.

But Jessie didn’t let him.

Echoing a gasp of shock, or startle, he said, reflexively, “Wait”, and then, eyes wide after he had done that, he rudely placed himself in front of the stranger, appearing almost as surprised by this turn of events as surely should the stranger himself: accosted, just like this?

By a complete stranger with eyes as blue and honest?

Jessie blushed.

Smiling awkwardly, he said, “Oh I mean… so I bumped into you, yeah?”

For reasons seemingly none, or weird he held his hands up-- see? Clean. No gun in them, no weaponry-- just a good ol’ fashioned sign of surrender as he grinned-- and he grinned so large the blush progressed to his ears, kissed his lobes.

And he fretted, and hurried to add--

“So, yeah-- I totally owe you for that, c’mon, I felt you up like a common whore-- I mean, I was the common whore, not--”

Realizing what a fool he was making of himself, Jessie paused--

Grimaced--

Sighed--

And in defeat, pinched the bridge of nose.

“By the moon, I suck at conversation.”

Punctuated by a shy lil chuckle--

And a look of humor in his eyes.
Posted 05-03-2021, 04:37 AM
Earth blinked. It took him a slightly embarrassing amount of time to understand that the man, the very attractive man, was trying to apologize for bumping into him. His mouth dropped open at the word whore, cause it was not a word he'd every heard used in such a casual manner like that. And there it was, twice in one sentence and now Earth sort of wished to be eaten whole by the ground under his feet. He was sure his cheeks and ears were scarlet with blush, they were sure as shit hot, he could feel his earlobes burning.

He genuinely didn't understand what had the other man looking so upset with himself and all. He couldn't work out why he was upset, it was not a huge drama that he'd bumped into him. Earth really didn't mind. A simple sorry was all he needed, hell he would have accepted less than that, it wasn't in his nature to stand up for himself in that way. He would have accepted even abuse quietly and then gone on his way.

It was... cute though, this stuttering and shyness, it made him feel a little more at ease to know he wasn't the only one who sucked at social interaction and somehow in his current vulnerable state, it made him feel less alone.

"It's really okay," he promised with a shy smile. He pushed his too long fringe out of his eyes and not that the guy would notice of course, he thought, cause he was probably not queer like him, and even if he was, Earth knew he wasn't most people's type. However, he did like his smile, it was the only part of his face he was fond of. Everything else, he thought was plan and Asian and ugly. He was fairly proud of his body because he worked hard to keep himself in shape, and he was toned and sculpted in all the right places. Even if he was short, standing only five foot eight. He thought he looked taller than that sometimes, because he was broad shouldered and had a slim waist. It helped him look in proportion.

"I don't need you to be worried, I'm fine, these things happen. I didn't mean to offend you by leaving, I just... didn't think there was anything else left to be said." He had never really had anyone want to speak to him before, certainly not a stranger on the street anyway. Why would they?

Tag Jessie Michels
Posted 05-03-2021, 05:29 PM
Jessie smiled at that.

It wasn’t-- just a smile. Just some smile. A kinda expression you’d witness on a random cunt passing by; it was the smile, the-- happy, and everything is better now smile as he punctuated it with an extra nod, yes, yes--

It’s okay.

And it really was.

And as the other moved some hair out of his eyes-- Jessie squinted, and on purpose he tilted his head so as if to suggest he’d been hoping for a good look at the other’s gaze all along-- so fucking possible now, exposed to himself and his own, two blue eyes.

And Jessie widened his smile at the sight.

When the retort arrived, so very importantly Jessie leaned his body back, and squinted, as if Earth had brought up a point he hadn’t considered, yet which life-altering quality was right now doing just that:

Altering.

Until he grinned.

“You’re right,” he said, in that very ‘but’ way--

“But.”

Then, so very mischievous, Jessie did sidle up to the other one, standing side by side whilst squinting this obviously teasing, and incredibly playful look you were sure was behind a lot of trouble in the world.

“Who said that has to be the end of it?”

Punctuating this devious suggestion, Jessie jokingly bumped his shoulder into the other’s, in fact-- being so close to each other, it ended up being more of a rub than a bump, and eager to further his point, Jessie leaned in a bit more, definitely appearing like one lover to another aching to whisper dirty desires.

“I mean, not often do I hug a complete stranger and they’re chill with it-- so, why stop there?” At that, he squinted.

Tease.

“Wanna grab a drink, lover?”

And that, he sang out in a delicious, vivacious drawl.
Posted 05-04-2021, 08:42 AM This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 08:42 AM by Jessie Michels
The closeness, the intense eye contact, the smile. Earth felt like he couldn't breath it all happened so fast, and was so unfamiliar too him. Even his own family had never been a physically close one. There were no hugs, no holding hands, no kisses between him and his parents. He had grown up believing physical contact of any kind was for lovers, and that was it, and even that idea was so alien to him. He wouldn't know what to do with another person in that regard. So he sure as hell didn't know what to do or how to feel with the handsome stranger pressed up against his arm and smiling at him like that.

Never mind what the guy was saying... a drink?. Earth knew he was talking about alcohol, right? Yeah, he must be. He had never had more than a sip of his mother's wine that one time, and he'd not really liked it, it had a bitterness to it that he'd not appreciated.

None of that mattered however, because when the man called him 'lover' his jaw dropped open, he blushed scarlet, and was glad he'd not been holding anything in his hands or he'd have dropped it for sure. He was so stunned and the shock must have been written all over his face. There was no way it wasn't, he'd never even met another man who was also interested in men before. Not that he was aware of anyway, and so to have this complete stranger, who was very attractive, to openly call him that, and ask him for a drink, simply didn't make sense in his brain.

He also wasn't sure how they went from strangers to lovers without so much as a conversation, did he even want that? He wasn't sure, he did appreciate the way the man looked though. He couldn't deny that. He really had no idea what to say...

"Um..." He started, clearly still a little shaken, "I've never really drunk before, I like coffee though." he added stupidly, as if coffee could work in place of booze. Maybe it could? He really wasn't sure.
Tag Jessie Michels
Posted 05-04-2021, 04:50 PM
Earth only blushed more.

Jessie would have almost felt bad for what was about to happen-- almost.

If he hadn’t done this a dozen times before.

So: he remained detached somewhat from the sin of his theater, only inclining his head at the other, appearing cute, and smitten-- not even appearing; all that blushing was adorable.

Enjoy what you get apparently ruled his thoughts, and so-- Jessie chuckled a bit at that admission, and boldly, very, very boldly in a moment where it hadn’t been permitted, but one where it appeared to fit, Jessie swung an arm out, and wrapped it around the other’s shoulder.

“Ey, let’s fix that!”

But then, apparently startled by himself, he let go again, not backing off as abruptly as he had before, but definitely returning his rude-ass arm by himself once more.

He chuckled, too; his own cheeks burned from a lotta color, curiously cerise, just wonderful.

“Oh, the moons, I have to learn my manners.”

He rubbed his naughty hand again, then nudged Earth to come with, being that they were standing in the same spot, it was kind of blocking the street, there were other people--

Reasons, reasons, walking.

Jessie slanted the other a look.

“I also didn’t mean like, alcohol, c’mon. Coffee, though? Oddly, I’d peg you to be a tea person.”

He narrowed his eyes in tease, apparently thinking his own words over.

“You know, you are so…”

… Wow.

“Mild.”

"Oh, my moons, I just became an asshole."

He so had.
Posted 05-05-2021, 11:10 AM
The arm around his shoulders fell heavy and warm and he blinked, not used to the easy, casual physical contact he had no idea how to feel or react to it. He was glad when it ended rather quickly after it started. He could breath easier without it. Though he did notice just how close the other man seemed to like to be to him. It was... uncomfortable, mostly because it made it impossible not to notice the pretty blue eyes and soft looking hair... he blinked away those thoughts, and stared at the ground, blush ever present. He did not need to be thinking about such things. Especially when he'd only just met the man.

"Coffee over tea, and strong too, no sugar, but with milk. I don't hate tea but I rather coffee." He shared with a timid smile, it was all true too. He'd all but grown up on coffee, he had however, no idea just how expensive the luxury item was, given his parents always just had it in the house. So he was in for a bit of a shock at the price attached to his favourite drink.

Mild? He thought, lips turning down slightly, it could have been offense, or confusion, in truth it was a little of both. And it shifted to offense more so when the other man claimed himself an asshole for having said it in the first place. It just sounded so... boring. Was he boring? Maybe, probably, but they'd just met, the assumptions the guy was making, the tea, the mild, it just.. kinda rubbed him the wrong way. Then again, he knew he was beyond average. So it's not surprising to have it called out, it was just the... honesty of it that kinda hit him in the stomach.

"Look, it really is okay, you probably have better things to do that have coffee with me, and I really should keep trying to find a place to stay tonight." He offered, part of him hoping the guy would just go and he'd be left alone again. Alone was easy and comfortable. He liked being alone.
Tag Jessie Michels
Posted 05-06-2021, 08:20 PM
So a coffee it was.

“That is rather expensive,” he declared proudly, like it were a cool little fact to share callously between the rich two of them-- as if, indeed, all the teas and coffees they had shamefully gulped down without a pause or a thought was a sure joke to share among their lot, so that deep into the darkest nights they could holler and laugh, oblivious to the state of the people living in them proverbial slums.

As if.

And Jessie narrowed his eyes--

Saw that blush, saw that smile.

Saw, too, how the other’s smile had turned down--

Lost some of its purchase, had it not?

And though Jessie’s ears burned, though it could have read as a problem-- a failure of a mission, mostly when coupled with the other’s dismissal, and the need to be alone--

It was not.

None of this was.

And Jessie lifted his hands up-- a surrender intended, for sure, but then he blinked--

“I--”

He squinted, staring--

“Wait wait, a place to stay tonight?”

At that, confusion painted his eyes, and so very obviously Jessie looked around himself, acting as surprised as one ought to be when presented with such a wild, even preposterous idea; a place to stay tonight--

Here--

Where rich people enjoyed their theme park?

Here?

And in concern, and apparently losing his flirtatious flair, Jessie stuffed his hands in his pockets, and looked down at the other in a frown.

“I-- I’m sorry I’m coming off as an asshole, really, a kinda… privileged upbringing does that,” he said, pretending he was cool with that fact when he waved it off, though the blush on his face said something else; a shamed little prima donna, too used to his luxuries to care about talking right.

He blinked.

“Are you,” he asked, and his tone dipped lower at that point, and he leaned in, his concern causing his eyes to flutter about-- left and right as if to ensure they weren’t being overheard, since the shame it’d be, for sure--

“Are you… homeless?”
Posted 05-07-2021, 04:50 AM
So this is what shame felt like, he thought as his face went hot and his chest tightened at being called out. It was true, after all, he was homeless but he had never actually heard the word aloud like that and it was clear the other man thought it was a bit shameful, or he'd not have asked it like he had. He ducked his head, blinked back the wetness stinging his eyes and huffed.

"I don't even know your name, why does it matter to you what I am. Listen, it was nice meeting you but really, I should go." He mumbled, eyes on the ground, hands in his pockets, shoulders hunched and withdrawn. His body language screaming discomfort and a desire to be left alone.

He had no idea why he felt so much shame at having been kicked out of home, or why he was so reluctant to talk about it, but if he'd taken a moment to think it over, he'd have realised that talking about being homeless would lead to why, and that would lead to having to come out, and he had no interest at all in doing that ever again.

"If you know somewhere cheap I can try to get a room?" He finally asked, because, he really was lost, and maybe this guy would know. He doubted it, he was obviously from the citadel the way he was talking, so probably didn't know much more than Earth about living cheaply. Still, he'd try just about anything at this point.
Tag Jessie Michels
Posted 05-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Jessie did not smile; at least, he didn’t let his smile show--

On the inside of his mind twas a smile apparent, and to him-- even bright.

But on the outside--

His demeanor, at that moment, could only have only read as concerned, and awkward as well; surely that one right way to react if you happened to get something very personal, very right--

When you appeared to have gotten too close-- to the truth painting the other’s eyes wet, and soft.

He smiled mentally at that, too-- for a moment, questioning himself why he wasn’t remorseful, and why, actually, the sadness he had brought up, and caused wasn’t tickling the moral compass that had just one arm, and it flicked about, and fluttered like eyelids to the glaring sun--

Why, but then Jessie knew the answer.

Because I’m not a good person.

It dropped a boulder into his stomach for a moment.

He nodded, hastily as well-- but he didn’t move. Neither did the other, and it appeared that one was waiting for the other to make the first move-- to end, surely, this fiasco of a situation.

Surely.

But--

And Jessie opened his eyes-- wider.

He blinked.

He looked ‘round himself, beginning his sentence with a lame, “Well,” before he squinted at the other, awkwardly pointing out, the smile he used to diminish the weight of his words awkward, and soft--

“You know… how this goes… this is not really the part of Stronghold where cheap is anything but an affront…”

Easing one hand out of his pocket, he rubbed his chin in thought-- then, as his eyes victoriously glinted, he returned the arm by his side, allowed a pause to go on, and--

“I’m Jessie.”

He offered the other his hand.

“And I, uh, know of a place. I… well. Do live alone. I actually work the nights so. I’d not be there at night. So, yeah, stranger,” he said, appearing nervous, and yet excited both, “allow me to… trust you with all my belongings here in this city, no big deal--”

And then, no matter how naturally unnerved he appeared by this idea, he beamed with confident energy, and declared--

“It’s okay, I got you there stranger, I promise I’m only generally weird and not at all a killer.”

Aced it.
Posted 05-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Thread Closed