Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    IC Archives    2021 Threads    Private how to love

Private  how to love    @kam/jacqueline
Thread Closed
Played by Andromeda    65 Posts Ares Wheeler
Rarely had cowardice wrested action from Ares. Cautious thoughts trailed boldness in the young looter. As he shouted Jacqueline's name across the communal hall, his amplified voice fitting in the whir of machines, and towards her, it seemed that this would be no exception.

However, as he slowed his step and approached the beautiful right hand of the Eclipse, panic started to grasp his throat. It was a foreign feeling, panic. When he initially laid eyes on Jacqueline, just a moment ago, nothing but excitement blossomed in his chest. With him conducting more raids, and Jacqueline occupied with.. right wing things, he had never found the opportunity nor time to seek her out for the myriad of inquiries that brewed in his mind. It seemed a miracle, even, that she was seated contemplatively at the communal hall the minute Ares returned from a mission. Dirt stained, bloody and scratched as he was, Jacqueline birthed a burst of adrenaline in Ares, which he first thought to be eagerness, now accepted to be anxiety.

Still, his visage appeared amicable and unbothered as his white smile flashed in greeting to the other, "How are you?".

Realizing he was stalling, he sank back on his heels. "Sorry to bother you, ma'am. I just.." he scratched the side of his arm sheepishly as he fought out the rest of the words. "..I've got a few questions that I was hoping you could answer."

Tag : Jacqueline Sadowski
Posted 05-12-2021, 12:07 PM This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 12:16 PM by Ares Wheeler
Played by    6 Posts Jacqueline Sadowski
It wasn’t often that Jacqueline was graced with idleness, and as such, each of those moments was treated as something sacred and worthy of respect. So when her name was shouted from across the other side and reverberated throughout every wall and solid surface, she found herself... startled for a lack of a better word, and though unwillingly, perhaps also mildly miffed.

Upon laying eyes on the one who had called her and his slowing approach towards her, Jacqueline instinctively straightened out, shaking off her more languid state in favor of something more alert. Smoke flew past her lips as she exhaled, the smell of nicotine and burned tar thick in the air. “Ares,” she returned in greeting, dipping her chin slightly as she studied him for a beat. “It is no bother,” she reassured, motioning for him to take a seat on one of the unoccupied chairs nearby.

Jacqueline would then proceed to extinguish her cigarette against the ashtray on the table both of them were currently occupying, hardly a fan of smoking in the presence of company.

“What are the questions?” Attention honed, Jacqueline waited.
Posted 05-12-2021, 05:38 PM
Played by Andromeda    65 Posts Ares Wheeler
Emotions passed through on her lovely features and Ares was already admonishing himself for asking. Yet, she extinguished the smoke and inclined her head towards him, indicating that it was "no bother". The looter slid in the seat across from her hesitantly. He placed interlocked hands on the table in front of him, as if meant to do business, but no words came out. They sat in silence, the air thick with growing discomfort at her expectance and his diffidence, as he tapped his two thumbs together, fighting for clarity in the muck of fear.

For no one talked about the subject of Tabitha Wheeler, an original member of Eclipse. Ares' mother. No one asked for her, pleaded for answers. It was like an unspoken rule, shocking Ares as the camp went through grieving process unnaturally quick. Tears were shed, acceptance found, with no hint of denial or inquiry or accusation. When Ares questioned her disappearance, the lack of evidence of death or a body, he was promptly shut down.

So he did what any stubborn son would do; he would take matters into his own hands.

"So, you grew up in the Stronghold, right?". Ares said, breaking the silence, thinking, for once, before he spoke, on how to phrase questions that would not arouse suspicions of his intent.

"Well, I was thinking, y'know, of joining a coyote raid or two. I heard there's been a need for Eclipses since the Military upgraded their security systems. And, seein' as you're from there," He scratched the back of his head meekly and asked, with a shrug, "..maybe you could tell me a thing or two on what to expect?"

Tag : Jacqueline Sadowski
Posted 05-15-2021, 04:56 PM
Thread Closed