Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    IC Archives    2021 Threads    Private One Weird Rash Later...

Private  One Weird Rash Later...    @nox/ian
Thread Closed
Played by Andromeda    65 Posts Ares Wheeler

Ares hustled into the communal hall. As soon as he'd heard Ian, or Dr. Donnaghan as he believed the other liked to be referred to on business, was conducting appointments, Ares deduced it was the perfect opportunity to figure what that odd, blistering rash between his shoulder blades was.

He had felt it first on a mission in Wincroft Forest. At first he figured it was a bug bite, but the sensation grew until it not only itched but burned. Worst, it was in a part of Ares' back that was just out of reach of his fingertips. Ares could not count how many times an Eclipse stumbled upon him scratching his back against a pole like Etienne's dog. It made for an amusing sight, Ares had heard, but it was more a nuisance to him than something to be laughed at. Normally, his mother would be the one coaxing him to attend his doctor's appointments. But with her gone, Ares' ability to self-maintain was becoming more and more into question.

There was a corner of the communal hall, sectioned off, where an Eclipse stalked out, rubbing their arm as if they had just gotten a shot or bandage. Ares hurried past them, nearly knocking them off their feet, before bursting in to where Ian stood, clearly in preparation for his next client.

"Dr. Donnaghan, sir," Ares blurted. "I know I didn't schedule an appointment, but I have something really quick to ask you."

The itching, burning sensation chose an opportune time to manifest, and Ares was left scrambling and stretching to unsuccessfully reach that rash on his back. "Something really, really, quick."

Tag : Ian Donnaghan
Posted 06-28-2021, 10:06 AM This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 10:07 AM by Ares Wheeler
Played by    55 Posts Ian Donnaghan
"Alright, take a deep breath and...."

With an audible crack, Ian forced the man's shoulder back into place, filling the room with a stream of loud profanities that would have made an old world sailor blush; he had sustained the injury after narrowly escaping the grasp of a Reaper. Thanks to a timely intervention involving a bloody katana and a severed arm, he got away with a dislocated shoulder, soiled trousers and wounded pride. As the Vampire began to apply the bandages, he would recommend that his patient take it easy with his relocated shoulder. Once the man began to leave, Ian heard another set of footsteps echoing towards him. Through the scent of oil grease and burning materials, he could smell an abnormality upon the new arrival.

Seconds after his old patient left, a new one would emerge; it was Ares, one of Eclipse's youngest member...and the scent came from him. The young man apologised for not making an appointment, explaining through both his words and pained expression that he really wanted a quick consultation. Naturally, the Doctor gave his warmest smile and spoke.

"Please Ares, call me Ian...and I have plenty of time outside of appointments to be consulted. How can I help you today?"

Tag Ares Wheeler
Posted 06-28-2021, 10:52 AM

Ares grinned in response, glad that the doctor turned out kinder than he had remembered. ”Okay, Dr. Ian.” Not realizing that the title “dr.” was only synonymous with a last name.

The looter was quick to pull off his shirt. Before he spun around, he stretched his arms once more to reach and scratch the rash on his back, which flared with irritation. His face scrunched in his discomfort as he found his arm length inadequate to properly satiate the itch.

With that, he frowned up at the doctor, and turned to present his back.

Covering his sun kissed skin was an angry patch of cherry red. Uniform bumps dotted most of the surface; skin that was bare of it was either scabbed over or freshly bleeding from Ares attempts to eradicate the itching sensation.

He peered over his shoulder at the doctor, lime green eyes full of concern. With a frown, he asked, ”Is it bad, Dr. Ian?”

Posted 07-03-2021, 11:06 PM
No sooner had the young man removed his top to reveal the rash did Ian found himself struck by the scent of blood. The rash itself was the angriest rash he had ever seen, and he had seen his fair share of such a symptom...but rarely something so unpleasant. Immediately, he began to fetch the bandages, numbing agents and antibacterial substances so as to ease the symptoms and to disinfect the injuries done to alleviate the itching. The Vampire gave his best reassuring smile as he spoke to Ares.

"Let me first treat what you have now...to keep an infection from developing whilst also easing the itching as we look for a solution. I fear this may sting before the anaesthetic does its work."

With that said, the doctor would begin doppling the medicines into the bandages. Once that was done, with the right medical tape, he would place the bandages in place so as to alleviate the rash. Naturally, Ian anticipated that it would hurt quite a bit; he regretted it, but in this day and age, in this fallen world, that wasn't a luxury he could afford anymore. Once the bandages were in place, the Vampire returned to his seat, and gestured for Ares to do the same.

"Apologies for that, with how filthy everyone's fingernails are, I had to make sure that no secondary infection, if this is one, would take root. Now then, let's start with a couple of questions: How long have you been experiencing these rashes? How many times have they flared up? Have they ever leaked a yellow, possibly foul-smelling discharge?"

Tag Ares Wheeler
Posted 07-04-2021, 06:24 PM

Ares swallowed his apprehension as the Doctor stepped behind him. He felt his heart beat with half eagerness and half fear, unsure if he was glad or upset the annoying rash would be finally identified.

"O-okay," Ares said shakily. He heard the doctor shuffle behind him, before fabric was pressed into his back. A wave of sensation washed over him, from the cool touch of the bandage to the stinging sensation of the ointment. Though the rash was itchy, it never hurt as much as this. Ares gritted his teeth hard, squeezing the mattress of the examination table, determined not to make a sound, to show that he was strong.

The sting slowly melded from a sharp, biting feeling to one of blessed relief. Ares relaxed then, the tension in his muscles lifting and a content breath escaping his flush lips. It was a sensation he allowed himself to revel in, to the point where he realized he had not heard the first half of the doctor's address, and shook his head and straightened to keep himself attentive for the following questions.

"Um, let's see.." He tapped his chin in contemplation. "..about a week now. Though I think I started seeing red bumps on my back earlier.

"But a week is when they started flaring. It hasn't stopped, not unless I scratch it, but even then it comes back."
The youth wrinkled his nose in disgust, a rich reaction coming from one that had witnessed Infected guts spill over his boots. "No. I don't think so at least."

Instead of contemplating his symptoms further, which would have helped the doctor, Ares lifted his hand and crooked his fingers towards him, frowning. "Are my nails really that dirty?..."

Posted 07-10-2021, 08:52 PM This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 08:52 PM by Micah Scofield
Ian absorbed every scrap of information Ares had to offer for him at this moment in time. He nodded politely, before he noted the young man's question. With a wry grin, he gave a chuckle as he gave an answer to it.

"With the exception of myself, almost everyone here in the Junkyard has filthy fingernails...same could be said for anyone outside of the Military or the Citadel. So worry not, you're rather average in that department."

With his humorous reassurance given, the Doctor continued finishing his current set of notes. After that was done for the moment, he would continue his line of questioning. This is going to be rather awkward, thought Ian, who felt that today's people were a lot more guarded about their activities...and that was saying something, given the era he came from where almost everyone clamped up.

"Alright, now for the next few questions; apologies if they may seem personal, but rest assured what is said here will not leave this room...on that you have my word." He then breathed deep and asked. "Now then Mr Wheeler, have you been sexually active in the past six months? Have you come into contact with anyone with a similar rash? Furthermore, do you think you've noticed any possible triggers for the rash?"

Tag Ares Wheeler
Posted 07-24-2021, 05:48 PM

"Oh. That's good."

Though his concerns were halted by another bout of acute itching. Ares fought hard to resist the urge to scratch it under Ian's methodical gaze, and though he did so successfully, he made a wide array of pained and scrunched-up facial expressions to illustrate just how tempting it was.

The unwavering itch was eclipsed, however, by Ian's next question. Nothing good came after "what is said here will not leave this room". Immediately, predictably, Ares felt a rush heat glaze over his cheeks and a million thoughts flood his head. Was it possible this came from his "sessions" with Etienne? He hadn't thought about it, with Ettie preaching safety to an impatient, whining Ares as he rolled a condom over his head, but maybe something transmitted from their boss's skin to Ares. Etienne had not mentioned a rash to Ares, but the leader kept quiet a myriad of things to his young lover.

He was tempted to ask Ian to define "sexually active but the activities he engaged him left little doubt on the meaning. Over the years, Ares had grown into his sexuality, and though he still flushed at innuendos and flirtations, he was far from shameful in reciprocating them. Still, it was weird to share it with the handsome doctor. "I, uh.. yes. I don't know if they have a rash, or anything, but I was in contact with them.. recently."

Ares hoped Ian wouldn't ask for a name, but he could see the question in the doctor's eyes. Eclipse was a small community, and if there were any risk of an outbreak, it would be imperative to stop it early. All Ares could do was brace himself in what felt like pained barrage.

"I don't know. I was thinking I might have caught it out on a raid. It's possible I could have brushed against something, like a poisonous plant. I had poison ivy once when I was seven, but it felt nothing like this."

Posted 07-27-2021, 09:00 AM This post was last modified: 07-27-2021, 09:02 AM by Ares Wheeler
There was no judgement on the Treasurer's face as he listened to Ares' speak of his activities. Instead, he simply maintained a warm, inviting smile as the young man spoke. There was the possibility of it having come from sexual contact, but it was equally possible that his patient might have acquired from raid; it couldn't be poison ivy, since such a rash would be consistent in its onset rather than random flare-ups. With these aspects noted in mind, Ian continued with his line of questioning.

"Alright then Ares, now for a few more questions; do you experience any other symptoms whenever the rash presents itself? Things such as fevers, cold sweats, nausea, aches and pains..." Another question the manifested within the cogs of his medical mind. "Do you know as to whether or not you also have any allergies as well?"

The Vampire then stroked his beard as he continued to ponder what this particular rash could mean for his patient; if he did pick it up during a raid, then he could only wonder what microbes could have evolved in the wake of the world ending. One of the first things to go once society breaks down was the ability to produce reliable medcines and individuals who knew how to best apply them.

"And with your permission, I would like to take a blood sample...I wish to check for any possible infections and perhaps see if this is not some allergic reaction either."

Tag Ares Wheeler
Posted 08-01-2021, 08:45 PM

Ares felt a silent sigh tickle his lips and he visibly relaxed as Dr. Donnaghan proceeded to the next question. So their secret was still safe, though Ares was not quite sure why he was relieved. In the small community of Eclipse, there was not a lot to hide, so the members were often candid with each other in face of the effort it required to take to conceal their private activities from one another. Ares himself was outspoken and even uncouth at times, so it seemed quite unusual for him to keep tightlipped about something. His "activities" with Ettie was a secret buried deep within him, along with the belief that his mother was still alive, somewhere in the Stronghold.

Ares visibly pondered, biting his lower lip in thought, "Not that I can think of. It just itches really, really bad. Oh! And sometimes I get a bit dizzy. But that's because sometimes I forget to eat."

This was easy. All he had to do was answer questions, the hard one being out of the way, and- wait, was that? Blood samples.

"You mean.." his eyes flickered over Dr. Donnaghan's broad shoulder, to the makeshift counterspace and the various medicinal tools splayed on the surface. His gaze caught a particular utensil, as it glimmered, pointed, sharp and golden under the yellow light spilling into the communal hall through high windows. He swallowed.

Hastily, he slid off of the examination table and drew his arms into the sleeves of his shirt. "You know what, it's not even that bad anymore, I can barely feel it, I'll just go now, thanks for seeing me Doc, great talk." Words blending together in his fit to get out of there and away from the very pointy needle.

Posted 08-03-2021, 05:15 PM This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 05:16 PM by Ares Wheeler
It definitely was not the first time that Ian had encountered a patient who was terrified of needles; from those who fainted at the mere sight of them, to those who would react extremely violently to their presence. It seems Mr Wheeler was the kind to try and run away from them, making whatever excuses he could to try and escape the sharp caress of a syringe. Naturally, this made the Doctor sigh a little...it was times like this that he wished Vampires could mesmerise people; it would certainly make his job so much easier.

"Look Mr Wheeler, I can see that syringes scare the shit out of you...but believe me, I wouldn't be suggesting it if it weren't necessary..." he said, having already moved to gently grab the young human by the arm. There was a certain reassuring, gentleness to the grip...a certain inherent knowledge that these were the hands of someone with a healer's touch. By all means, it was one that Ares could very easily escape, but it was there nonetheless.

"Besides, I still need to give you the cream which will, at least, ease your symptoms the next time you have a flare-up. Look, I plan on applying a topical numbing agent to the extraction site so that it wouldn't be felt let alone hurt. I also provide the option of allowing you to be blindfolded so that you won't have to see it." Ian then gave a gentle smile. "And then it'll just be me and you, chatting the time away, with you completely ignorant of what has transpired...or I could let you listen to my old CD player complete with pre-end-of-the-world music if prefer complete isolation from these events."

Tag Ares Wheeler
Posted 08-03-2021, 05:44 PM

He was so close, just an arm's length away from the curtains that afforded the clinic some semblance of privacy in the communal hall. Maybe he would have to deal with the rash for longer, but in that moment, sense escaped him, and short term avoidance outlasted long term consequence.

He felt the doctor's tender fingers on his shoulder. The hands of a caretaker, a healer, never forceful despite the strength that rippled beneath Ian, controlled and skilled. It made Ares stop, a flood of warmth sprouting where the doctor's hands laid. It made Ares turned back, look over his shoulder and, what might have been a mistake, look into the doctor's eyes, hooded by thick brows drawn in soft understanding.

It was a touch that made Ares visibly relax, drop his shoulder and listen to the words the doctor had to say. That, and the wave of burning irritation that cascaded down his back, drew him back to the examination table.

"Well..." Ares started, rubbing his arm as he was swayed by Ian. "..if it means I get to listen to music." Like that, and not the numbing agent or the necessity of the shot, was the deciding factor. Ares hauled himself back in his seat, closed his eyes and inhaled loudly as he jumped over those mental barriers.

"If it's okay I.. I wouldn't like to be blindfolded," Ares said, giving the doctor an uncertain look as he fought for some control over the situation. "Not being able to see things has never really sat well with me."

Posted 08-09-2021, 10:40 AM
Naturally, Ian was pleased to see Ares remain; a gentle touch, a friendly bedside manner and the promise of music still actually worked miracles even in the wake of the world coming to an end. As young Mr Wheeler re-took his seat, the doctor went to fetch the old CD player, some headphones and a pile of softback reading material; some were comicsm some were adult magazines and all of them were from the world that was. Ian would approach with all of these items in hand and gave them to Ares.

"There we go, just put those on and feel free to read any of those, unless you feel like talking."

Of course, there was a chance that his patient could not read; one of the things that frustrated Ian most about this bew era was the higher illiteracy rating aongst the population. Apparently, a significant number of the individuals either grew up without acccess to reading material or simply weren't taught because their parents deemed it to be a useless skill. Hence why much of the reading material he had chosen for his patients came with an abundance of imagery to catch their eye. Once everything was set, and the headphones were in place, Ares would be introduced to the sensuous sound of Type O Negative and their eerily tantalising song, Christian Woman. Grabbing the first extraction, the Treasurer would then state gently.

"And let us begin."
Tag Ares Wheeler
Posted 08-19-2021, 07:31 AM

The headband fit tightly, though snuggly, over his head. Ares leaned back, slightly more at ease, as he had that sensation to focus on. Through it, music came, and regardless of genre, the instruments singing in the background and the voice crooning the words, it was pleasant. Rarely did Ares get to listen to music, rarer still directly over his ears, and there was a part of him that fluttered at the feeling of it thrumming against the side of his face.

His eyes were attracted to the pile of magazines thrown to the side of him. The letters were clear to him- he could distinguish his "A's" from his "T's". But the words they formed might as well have been scrambled, and even bold statements highlight garishly at the forefront of the page were a struggle to maneuver. It was the pictures that spoke narratives, from the setting of an interior, strange in its vibrant cleanliness, to an image of a bodacious and bronze woman that slapped embarrassment hot and pink on Ares' cheeks.

All of it served its purpose- to distract Ares. He hardly heard the doctor's smooth and calming intonations as he stated that they would begin. The youth was engulfed in this little world flooding his head, as he motioned for a media of familiarity- the bold and eclectic comic books from the Old Era. There was a certain storyline to some of them that begged he read them in the intended order, but it was nearly impossible to find a collection of them, bunched up chronologically. Besides, he could barely read the sentences in the speech and thought bubbles and so came up with his own narrative.

At the cover of this one was a man, well muscled against the vibrant purple suit he wore.
Posted 08-21-2021, 03:45 PM
Thread Closed