Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    IC Archives    2021 Threads    Private killing touch

Private  killing touch    open
Thread Closed
Played by Andromeda    32 Posts Micah Scofield

Tucked behind a cannister, a squat, mucked filthy on which starkly clean blue bannisters waved softly, was a linen-tarp pavilion cast in shadow and reeking of sterility. This was Micah's clinic, an unassuming tent of brown and gray against browns and grays. To some, it was vital charity. Dr. Micah Scofield (dr. being an honorary title), groundbreaking scientist and Cypher doctor, offering his medical service pro bono to poor, aching citizens of the Stronghold Slums.

Little did they know what the doctor drew from their bodies, or worst, what contaminants he inserted into the bloodstream. What the doctor tapped away on his datapad, what thoughts and intentions ran behind those thin-rimmed glasses perched at the bridge of the his nose, none was predictable.

If they wondered or feared, it showed not to Micah. Over his datapad, his fingers tapped away briskly, eyes flashing past the device to the infectious, blackened sickness that sprawled over his patient's frail arm. Above that arm was a face pulled tight in a frown and eyes lined in defeat.

"It hasn' gotten bettah, Doctor," the man said. No, the boy. Even as he claimed to be of twenty four years, he appeared no older than sixteen. Micah was quiet, made no response or indication that he heard the patient at all as he calmly typed: Ashagia D-18 appears to have spread over the patients entire right bicep since injection approximately 10 days and 13 hours ago, rendering that arm useless. However, there appear to be no signs of mental or psychological disability. Observation shall continue 7 days from now.

He set the datapad down and rewrapped the charcoal affliction in clean linens. Confusion sprawled over the patients face, as the doctor had not appeared administered any treatment. Stoically, Micah spoke, "As of now, the condition doesn't appear life-threatening. We'll continue to track the progress of the disease-"

"Not life-threatening!?" the patient's blue eyes flared with outrage. "I can't use my entire fuckin' arm!" As if to demonstrate, the patient made an attempt to life the arm, only to wince, double over and growl in pain.

Micah's steady, impassive gaze was unmoved at the deafening complaint. "I've strict orders not to expend Cypher resources on non-lethal wounds." The patient was not assuaged. Micah sighed, voice lowering as he conceded, "I promise it will be cured, before we have to resort to amputation or surgery."

The patient looked unconvinced, but made no motion to protest any more. Only slid off the operating table and stormed out through the tent flaps. Micah gave no attention or thought to their anger, only returned his gaze to his datapad. It seemed only a few seconds before footsteps told the approach of another.

"First time check up or returning patient?" he said with a flatness that denoted its routine nature.
Tag : @OPEN
Posted 07-30-2021, 03:14 PM This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 12:14 PM by Andromeda
Played by potatochips    35 Posts Eve Lovell

Dressed very simply but still better off than the rest of the people in the area she was headed to, Eve excitedly made her way to the outskirts of the Stronghold on a short excursion to see her favorite pet next to Love Potion#14. Aside from attenting hugh class social functions, weaving the Spades intricate web of drug cartel, or attending to her personal needs and whims, she rarely ventured outside her laboratory. However, for a certain few, Eve sometimes goes out of her way to appear sociable.

Alighting from her car, she left some of the Spades cronies to take care of the dirty dogs which were drawn to her flashy entrance, equally flashing car, and enchanting beauty. With purpose and a little bit of excitement, Eve made her way towards the medical tent she knew her little pet favored.

"Oh doctor, it isn't exactly my first time, but I am no patient anyway, so does it matter?" she sultry crooned as she made her way over, took the data pad from the man's hands before he could protest and then leaned against the nearest table. Viridescent eyes scan the contents of the pad quickly, lodging every bit into memory as a small sly grin spreads across her rosy lips.

"Ohhhh, someone's been very naughty..." Eve licked her lower lip and then chewed on it as she processed what she had read. She wasn't as methodical as Micah when it comes to her own experiments but realizing that she wasn't the only person who has an interest in furthering her field of expertise made her stomach flutter with delight and curiosity.

Flipping her hair over her shoulder with a graceful flick of her wrist, her lashes fluttered as she looked the other from toe to head. "I knew you weren't a perfect peach but I didn't think you'd be this rotten, mister doctor. What are you trying to find out?"

Tag : Micah Scofield
Posted 07-31-2021, 06:27 PM

There it was. The hair tingling, skin prickling sensation of a predator. The kind of feeling that made his fingers tense, normally flat, cold eyes dart upward from his pad, tear him from his most important work. His purpose was ripped from his hands, toyed with by slender, manicured fingers and verdant eyes, veiled false innocence under heavy, brown lashes.

Micah shuddered, as if his very heart were ripped from his chest, not from her taunts and jeers but from his control wrested from him, his data potentially ruined by an errant, uncaring finger. But there was little he could do, just watch Her as his fingers balled up to inadvertent fist, cheeks growing hot with anger. There were few people who could elicit such a reaction from him. Any reaction, for that matter.

His words were methodical, but his voice was tight, denoting a lack of emotional control. "It's a mutation of DraC-2. We're tracking its progress." Normally, Micah would have vaulted into a scientific tirade that made most conversationalists zone out or look for an excuse to break away. With Her, however, he kept speak as terse as possible.

The anxiety of Her potential muddling with the tablet peaked and Micah's hand shot out to steal the tablet back and in his arms once more. "Do you have my supply or are you just here to impede my progress?" A rare acridness seeped into his words, and he spat those words more than said them.

Tag : Eve Lovell
Posted 07-31-2021, 07:15 PM This post was last modified: 07-31-2021, 07:17 PM by Micah Scofield

At the acrid tone of his voice, her seafoam green eyes turn to the doctor sharply and her lips puckered into a small frown. Stretching her lithe body, Eve curled her arms across her torso, datapad still within her dexterous hand, then turned to the man with a raised brow. "Did I hear that right?"

Strands of her brunette hair escape from its intricate bun as she shook her head gently and clucked her tongue at the man. Then with slow, measured, and sensual strides, Eve closed the distance between them and tapped the corner of the datapad against the other's chin. In her heels, the slight difference of their heights was hardly noticeable, but she still had to look up just a little bit to meet him eye to eye. "You know better than to be sassy with me, Micah."

However, before he could take back the data pad, she pushed him aside and propped herself up on his desk, crossing one leg over the other, dangling her long sinewy limb in the air. "Now, little pet, I am not a neglectful master, I did bring you your treat." She crooned with a velvety tone as she pulled a small sealed pouch from the confines of her bosom.

"But, I am not liking this attitude." She tutted as she waved her other hand in the doctor's direction. Eyeing Micah heavily, Eve pulled at the corner of the package with her own teeth, and then when it was opened, turned her hand over and let the powder slowly pour and be scattered by the little wind that passed by the flaps of the tent.

Regardless of his reaction, she continued to spill the cocaine onto the floor until the package was a quarter lighter. ”So, are you willing to be a good boy now? Or are we continuing with this sassiness?”

She had lured Micah into the service of the Spades and had lorded his addiction over him for the few years that they’ve known each other. Although Eve couldn’t strictly say that she had him twisted around her little finger, it was still safe to say that she had more leverage against him than most. And if there was anything she was likely to do, it was to use that to her advantage. Always.

Posted 07-31-2021, 08:34 PM This post was last modified: 07-31-2021, 08:35 PM by Eve Lovell

His eyebrows drew down, furious and then eyes instinctively grew wide when Eve pulled out the little packet of white heaven. All thoughts of his data, the potential obtrusion, dropped and it was desire and need that pulsed through his mind. He motioned to grab for the small, clear baggie, but it was dangled just out of his reach, like a person taunting cat with treats.

His dependency shown in his blown up pupils and the sweat that shone on his forehead, when, Eve tore the pack open past painted lips and showered the contents on the floor. Micah flinched, as if receiving a physical pain, and dropped to his knees so that his fingers dug into the spot where those precious white particles collected. Only all he collected was dirt.

Micah's arms fell to his sides. He looked up, glaring over thin-rimmed glasses. How pathetic he must have looked, on his knees before her, like she were some deity manifested to life.

"Does this give you pleasure? To watch others grovel at your feet?" he all but snarled. Yet, he knew the consequences of his actions, and before Eve could spill the rest on the floor, Micah bowed his head, a defeated man. "No. No more 'sassiness' from me."

How he had fallen so low. Top Cypher scientist, heeled by some drug-addled criminal, crisp white coat becoming stained by the dirt floor he knelt on. He supposed it was better to suffer this humiliation than have his dependency become revealed to his employers. It might not have gotten him expelled from the organization, but his pristine resume would be tainted with controversy. So he had to grovel, to listen and obey, and goddamn did it suck.
Posted 08-02-2021, 04:42 PM This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 04:45 PM by Micah Scofield

The corners of her lips turned upward as she watched the telltale signs of the addiction paint the man's features. Had it not been for practice, her own breath would've hitched at the sight and knowledge that she was doing this.She, who had started with nothing, had men like Micah groveling at her feet.

However, if one examines it closely though, the fault isn't entirely hers.

Like the others, Micah gave her the power to use against him. If he wanted to, he simply had to reach over, put his hands around her neck and squeeze. And Eve would've easily fallen like a broken doll. Yet his guilt about his weakness and that it was disclosed to nobody else but her, shackled him to this sweet torture.

"Oohhhh it does! It definitely does!" she giggled like a girl as she clapped her hands a few times. Then stretching out her leg, Eve poked the doctor's shoulder with the point of her toe. "But don't give me all the credit, Licorice~ Take some for yourself, after all this is a choice you made and continuously make." She sneered at him.

For all his genius, Micah appeared to have yet figure out thar the cocaine he was taking was altered. Eve had splashed some of her magic in it, just to make sure he won't ever get his fix from someone else, even from another Spades lackey.

"So, this experiment you have going~ I want a copy of the data~" Eve smiled sweetly at the doctor as she tapped her nails against the back of the datapad. "And maybe a continuous progress report? It looks and sounds very intriguing~" she crooned.

She hardly could think of a way to safely replicate whatever the fuck Micah was doing but she at least knows this intel could be handy in the future, either as another trump card or something worth someone's entire lifetime of savings. Due to the debt incurred by Jocelyn's dead husband, the Lovell name wasn't worth much within the Stronghold society. Eve may have slowly but surely been filling up the money but there was more to the posh life than just money. Besides, who knows, this might be her ticket to access "big brain" sciences being kept under lock and key by both Cypher and the Military.

Posted 08-03-2021, 10:32 PM

Brows furrowed in displeasure, as he tried to ignore her pedicured foot entering his private space, tapping his shoulder. For a moment, he closed his eyes and the imagined the sparks that fired in his brain, that feeling of endless energy and Godhood that came with a high. His gaze trailed to the dry dirt beneath, speckled with that lovely white powder.

And then back up to her when she requested the data. Disgust and anger flashed across his features in response. She wanted his data? Could she even understand it? She didn't have to- perhaps it was all speculation and correlation predictions now, but in the future, when Ashagia D-18 would make its provisional progress and enact symptoms on its host. Micah shuddered to think what mad scientist could concoct and abuse with that delicate information.

He stood, then, the lone stalwart between her and the wealth of knowledge inputted into his pad. He approached her, and even in heels, he still managed to look down at her. In a second he looked terrifying, something dark cloaking normally subdued hazel eyes.

"It's really nothing," he lied, a researcher of conviction when it came to his projects. Her determination was unwavering and Micah thought, for a moment, whether he should lie, tell her he would update her with reports that were not necessarily treacherous, just.. shallow.

The thought stayed in his mind when he gave a brisk nod of his head, missed if she were not looking so intriguingly at her target. Quietly, in words clinging to his last shreds of strengths, he conceded, "But, I'll do it. Just- just keep my supply coming."

In the tenuous shake of his voice, he knew she had him. That, frustratingly, she was right and this was a decision brought upon him by himself. He thought he could cheat nature, forego the usual and time-consuming requirements of life. He was learning, over the years, that it was not worth the sacrifice, the slow eroding of his sense of self, that he was not the perfectly oiled, rational machine he thought he was but rather he became more and more human.

He reached over her, arm passing her side, and grabbed something from the counter behind her. Offered it to her with hands manacled, "This is everything on the study." Without giving the more-than-required information.

Posted 08-07-2021, 04:26 PM This post was last modified: 08-07-2021, 04:26 PM by Micah Scofield

Eve watched the doctor like a hawk, waiting for any signs of aggression. Years of interaction with men had taught her that nobody had infinite patience. It only took pushing on the right buttons to make even a saint-like person crumble and give into their basest emotions. Thus was her fascination when Micah's displeasure at the thought of her having his data became apparent on his face.

She waited with bated breath as he stood then came over to her, with what she assumed was the most menacing look he could ever muster. She was expecting something, a strike across her face, or a hand over her slender neck, but as was usual, this little pet was disappointing.

As he reached behind her to grab something, her emerald eyes bore into those hazel ones, her fury brewing with each silent breathe despite the smile still plastered upon her face. Eve wasn't really a fan of violence but for instances like this, she could somehow understand why it was Atlas' first response to everything.

After he presented it to her like a begruding puppy, she smiled sweetly and put her hand over his reluctant hand. "Oh. So this is it? Everything you currently have?" Her lashes fluttered momentarily as she looked down on their joint hands. "How terribly disappointing." she pouted.

Eve swung her other arm back, then brought it down hard, striking the doctor's temple with the very datapad she was holding. Unsatisfied, she also brought her knee up and slammed it against Micah's torso. "Do you expect me to believe that this is everything?" she hissed at him, heaving a little with exertion. Of course she couldn't really tell whether he spoke the truth or not, but Eve thought it was better for him to think she did not believe her than for him to realize that she was disappointed he gave in too easily.

Posted 08-10-2021, 03:09 AM

Any other man could have seen it. The slender brows, slowly drawing in displeasure, and anger, the unpredictable storm that guided Eve Lovell's actions. But Micah was clueless, a man that did not quite understand man's feelings, and thought as two science professionals that the meeting would be concluded.

He hardly had time to blink before the datapad came crashing against his temple. The woman before him, demure as she was, had a surprising strength and Micah keeled over, holding his forehead as pained and pitiful whimpers fluttered from him. In that moment, his anxiety over his findings and whether his pad had broken in the assault was lost to the pain exploding in his head. His ordeal wasn't finished, and the knee driven into his stomach sent him back to the ground, sputtering, tears welling up beneath his glasses.

"You're.. you're fucking crazy," Micah wheezed as a hand held his head and felt something warm and sticky greet it. A sigh, a gasp of agony, and Micah instinctively tried to scramble away from Eve. His back found support against one of his examination tables, the one that had once ironically seated the patient he had spoken to before her arrival.

He leaned his head back, glowering at Eve after the glasses disheveled about his nose and the thin stream of blood that trickled down the side of his face. "Yes! Yes, that's everything! Go through the files, see for yourself!" his breath was still labored, still heaving. "Gah, what the hell do you want from me?"

Posted 08-18-2021, 08:37 AM

A mix of satisfaction and disappointment filled her as the man who had been previously looming over her, keeled then stumble down to the ground to succumb to the pain she had inflicted upon him. Eve was glad she could hurt him this much yet disappointed that he crumbled into tears for there still was an expectation that he'd have more spine.

"Oh darling," she huffed from exertion as she flicked away the strands of her hair which crowded her face when she jumped on him. "You should've expected as much when you realized for whom I work for." she giggled a little and relaxed her stance so she could pull out a candy from her purse. Eve took time to unwrap it from the foil, her viridian eyes trained on the doctor's retreating form. Then she smiled as she the lemon flavor of the candy drop met her tongue.

She then turned her eyes upon the datapad, turning it over in her hands to see if it was damaged, and grinning further whenn there was none. "Hm, such a sturdy little piece, I quite like this one~" she hummed, more to herself than the other. "You're lucky you didn't break my nails too, I would have given you hell for that." She slid off the table after a cursory glance at her nails, then strutted towards where the doctor had chosen to huddle.

"I'm really curious about Cypher.. about what you have in those labs and all the people in it. So you're gonna do everything for me to have access, ok?" Eve leaned forward to stretch her arm and wipe the bloody edges of the datapad against Micah's white coat. "Then, you're going to give me more of this info you have here the next time I come around."

With the datapad cleaned off, she tucked it under her other arm then caressed the doctor's cheek gently. "And maybe, just maybe, I won't send my pets after you." Eve smiled down at the man as her hand grazed past his cheek, lower to his jaw and then around his neck. She gave her hand a little squeeze before retreating back to gaze upon Micah condescendingly. "Licorice darling, I want you to be less of a waste of space. This," she spoke as she waved the datapad. "This might be your ticket to that, or not. Depending on how amusing this can be for me."

Eve found this conversation quickly turning boring and as such thought it was best she leave. "Anyway, that's all I've got for now, you entertained me a little but in the end you're still sorely disappointing. Don't forget to swing by to take care of our kids. Don't make me come and get you, or you'll get something worse than that okay?" She spoke, referring to rhe fighters, as she turned to fix her hair and straighten her clothes. Aury does a great job with keeping up with most of the injured but often times another set of hands were needed.

"See you around darling, and take care of that cut. You're already not too pleasing to the eye, can't have you be lesser." she laughed, turning on her heels and strutting towards the exit of the tent.

Posted 08-27-2021, 11:14 AM This post was last modified: 08-27-2021, 11:16 AM by Eve Lovell

The doctor was still catching his breath, lifting his shaking hand to his nose to examine whether it had broken in the assault. Meanwhile, Eve looked with the same attentiveness to the datapad, concern sprawled over her face on whether it had broken without much left to give to the man she had assaulted moments before. The pain on his face was immense. However, it did not linger, and Micah did not feel any abnormal aberrations on his nose. He foresaw the most that would form was a bruise- and yet he wished the most he had gotten from this interaction was a broken nose, compared to the demands that Eve would make moments later.

Micah did not get up, for fear she would bludgeon the datapad against him again. He matched her eyes, though instead of the easy confidence that Eve exuded, his gaze was blown up with surprise, anger simmering below it. Of all the things that the Spades clawed out of him, access into Cypher's database was by far the worst.

The doctor wiped the trickle of blood of his chin with the back of his hand, whilst holding her eyes in his own as she bent down to clean off his own datapad against his (once) spotless doctor's coat. "You're insane," Micah repeated, using all his restraint not to spit at her deceptively elegant face. "The only way to access the majority of Cypher files is through the main terminal system in the Cypher headquarters. That data cannot be copied or transferred, not on these devices. You'd have to go into the building itself to find what you seek."

Yet she did not look perturbed, her attitude very much "I don't care, find a why". Her touch was sickening to Micah, who already felt uncomfortable with the most gentle of physical contact. He flinched and sunk his body back further, but there was not much room to retreat. "And even if you find some way to sneak in and get that data-" he continued, finding that she did not give much credibility to his past words. "You're exposing yourself to Cypher, and the Military. I can't save you from them."

"Save" being spoken in the most loose of terms. Micah would have liked nothing to more to see justice delivered to her and the rest of the Spades, but loosing her and a relationship with the only drug movers in the Stronghold meant his supply would be cut off. And the little voice in Micah's head would have risked his job and life's work to get that next, euphoric buzz.

She was turning to take her leave, datapad in tow. Micah scrambled, trying to find someway, some little unseen inkling of logic, to dissuade her from further taping into the Cypher's secrets. But he could only so much as open his mouth and let exhaust out, for if she would not listen to his past warnings, then there was little he could do to stop her otherwise.

Posted 09-12-2021, 02:58 PM

Her eyes twinkled and she couldn't help lick her lower lip in excitement as he called her one colorful name. "Honey, we're all insane in unique and varying ways." She crooned unfazed as he tried to dissuade her, listing most if not all of the reasons why she shouldn't do what she wanted to do.

Eve briefly considered he would've benefitted to have his tongue cut off, but she thought about the mess it would make and felt disgusted by it. Though it could easily be done and with very minimal effort with the help of her pets, she had a few more dates to go to throughout the day and didn't want to dirty herself.. at least not yet.

When he blurted about "saving her" though, the young woman couldn't help herself from letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"You? Save me? You could hardly save yourself from my hands, darling," she chuckled menacingly. "Besides, I need no saving. And even if I should, the saving wouldn't be done by such a weakling as you." She flipped her hair back and only quirked her brow as he threw in the probability of having Military involved.

It wasn't unlikely, and as far as she knew, she was already under the surveillance of one of them. Yet so far, she had not faced any difficulties with them and thus thought it pointless that Micah threaten her with them. "Licorice darling, save your breath, hm? Just be a good boy and let me do my thing."

Turning to face him just before she stepped out of the tent, Eve blew a kiss in his direction. "Au revoir~!"

FIN

Posted 10-11-2021, 12:41 AM
Thread Closed