Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    OOC Archives    OOC Other    Vocab Extravaganza

N/A Vocab Extravaganza    August 2021
Thread Closed
17 Posts Andromeda

Vocab Extravaganza [ August ]

Vocab Extravaganza is a monthly IC game where a list of vocabulary words will be posted, along with their part of speech and definition. The words will have some type of theme and connection. The goal of the challenge is to write as many posts as possible using the offered vocabulary words. As a writer, expanding your vocabulary and word usage is both instrumental and fun!

THIS IC GAME IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL TO JOIN

Game rules

VOCAB EXTRAVAGANZA ENDS ON AUGUST 31st

One post can have a maximum of TWO vocabulary words. Please highlight/bolden these words when linking your post. You can do so using either [b] or [speech] tags.

Please don't feel pressured to utilize this! It is only intended as a resource, and a fun way to build up your writing skill. If you do wish to participate, please use the form below and post a reply to this thread. You have until the game ends to participate, so you are welcome to fill your form in over time!

REWARDS    On the first day of each month, the winner will be determined by who has utilized the most vocabulary words while adhering to the challenge rules. They will receive a GRAPHIC, AVATAR, GIF, TABLE or TEMPLATE by the staff of their choosing (Silhouette & Andromeda). They will also propose a SPECIAL VOCABULARY WORD for the next month (can be as ridiculous or challenging as they choose) that will be included on the list. Later on, when the achievement system is complete, players will win an award for winning The Vocab Extravaganza. IC prizes will also be introduced in the future.

The List

SPECIAL WORD    N/A

THEME    The Prefix Pre-
  Pre- is the Latin root meaning "before".

preamble (n.): an introduction to a text

presage (v.): to indicate something bad is about to happen

prescient (adj.): having knowledge of something before it happens

predilection (n.): a special fondness

precipitate (adj.): rash, acting without thinking

predicate (v.): to be based on

presentiment (n.): a feeling that something bad is about to happen

precedent (n.): something that sets an example for how things are done in the future

pretentious (adj.): acting more important than others by pretending to know more

pretense (n.): a claim or assertion not based on fact

predecessor (n.): one that comes before, often a person who previously held a position before passing it on to someone else

precursor (n.): something that comes before another; used only for things, not people

pretext (n.): a reason given for something that is not the actual reason

precocious (adj.): developing early (in terms of ability)

preclude (v.): to make impossible for something to happen

Bonus Words

These are related to the game world. Please use them in the context of this meta (click on the word for the guide/encyclopedia link they are referenced in).

slum plaguewolf-dogFerals (the Infected type)Eclipse (the faction)plague doctor

Recordbook

MEMBER NAME
  WORD(S)

The Form

Code:
<b><a href="LINK TO THREAD">POST 1</a></b>
<i class="fas fa-angle-right" style="color: #bf4e56"></i>&nbsp; WORD(S) USED, MAXED 2 PER POST

<b><a href="LINK TO THREAD">POST 2</a></b>
<i class="fas fa-angle-right" style="color: #bf4e56"></i>&nbsp; WORD(S) USED, MAXED 2 PER POST

<b><a href="LINK TO THREAD">POST 3</a></b>

Posted 08-12-2021, 11:04 PM This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 11:30 PM by Silhouette
17 Posts Andromeda
POST 1
  precursor

POST 2
  ferals
Posted 08-25-2021, 04:28 PM This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 12:43 PM by Andromeda
Thread Closed