Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    IC Archives    2021 Threads    Private No Rest for the Wicked

Private  No Rest for the Wicked    Tag: Scout Gadsby
Pages (3):    Previous 1 2 3 Next   Thread Closed
Played by    74 Posts Scout Gadsby
She rolled her eyes, doing so and then almost, almost smirking back at the reflection of him when she realized he too had found the little spy glass. He had definitely caught her expression, she was sure of it, and instead of being alarmed, she nearly found it amusing. Sure, she should of been taking what he said seriously. He had a few cheats. That much was certain, but Sawyer didn't think it was nowhere near as easy as he was making it out to be. If it was, he wouldn't be hiding behind a table right now.

Her expression turned stone-like as he went through the motions of trying to find the logic in her statement. He made it pretty irrefutable. If he was anything, he was strategic, thorough about his observations. For a moment she considered using Clay... but that felt both dishonorable and a shaky choice considering if the sharpshooter was prepped and ready on a hill outside, Mal's position currently meant he should be dead already -- considering he was entirely exposed where it mattered. "Doesn't matter what you believe. Either my team -" even the sound of the word team felt foreign on her lips. Scout didn't do teams. "- gets here and breaks this stalemate, or the undead beats them to it. Guess we'll just wait it out."

She knew one thing, she wasn't going to recount the miscalculations she had undergone; having missed him from the front of the school, just to further dig a lie.

Listening to him, Scout almost interrupted him, "They can fu--" she stopped mid-question, finding it a surprise that they fucked.... but Malachi soon answered it with the rest of his statement. "And why wouldn't you want to kill them? They're your competition. Blood is hard to find out there, I'm sure..." she discounted his last statement.

"Alright. If you didn't infect me, prove it, put down your gun and make me believe you. And don't hand me any of that bullshit, you think I'll shoot you... you've got the cards here, supposedly, according to your own words. I'm just a little human, right? Or at any second am I going to turn rabid and that's why you won't take your gun off me?" she looked him dead in the eye via the glass reflection. Daring him to make the choice.
Posted 10-24-2022, 10:09 PM
Played by    74 Posts Malachi Blake

What he could see of her expression in that reflection…or more accurately, the lack of expression, just further cemented home the belief that he was right about his assessment of the situation. No one was coming here for backup. At least, no one was coming here that either of them wanted showing up. They’d made enough noise and he’d never gotten around to clearing out the school. Even if he had, it had been a while since he’d last been here, there was nothing saying another vampire, or a nest, hadn’t taken up residence again. It was a big building after all.

”Guess we will then,” he replied without hesitation to her words.

”Why, Scout? Why is because I still have memories of what it was like. To be like them. If it’s them or me? Them or a human? There’s no question, I’ll put them down. But if I don’t have to? Maybe they wake up, like I did. Maybe they get the chance to be themselves again. Blood isn’t as hard to come by as you think, especially when you don’t have to kill to get it. I’m a Sherpa, Scout. Finding things that people need is what I do. Plenty of communities need blood…and it’s not like I can’t make it seem like a wet dream.” He threw out that subtle reminder that he knew exactly how she’d been feeling there while he’d had her pinned beneath him.

He held that stare in response to her words, considered them and the potential actions that both of them could take. Finally…after a pregnant moment where anything could happen, he realized she was right. She didn’t know enough, especially about him, to know he was telling the truth. He could see why she would think she had a death sentence hanging over her head. He’d saved her from turning, but he had very nearly not.

Malachi crouched down, even though he made sure to stay in her line of sight, looking at her. He held that daring gaze as he placed that pistol down. It clicked with a hard, clean sound against the linoleum before he pushed it down that aisle between the desks. It stopped there within her reach.

”Okay.”
Posted 10-26-2022, 04:57 PM
"Is that how it works?" There was a most assured disbelieving tone in her voice as she pondered the thought aloud. "You all just decide to 'wake up' one day and everything's all good?" she shook her head, "What a load of shit." Scout muttered quietly to herself, though, not that quietly.

Maybe it was all good for them, but it wasn't for the hundreds of others they more-than-likely had infected in the interim. Above it all, Scout couldn't accept that this was an acceptable way to live a life. A blood-sucking leech that drained the lifeforce of the living to sustain the beasts that they were. She couldn't, no she wouldn't feel sympathy for them. Her training had told her all of her life that they were the enemy, that belief system wasn't going to be shaken, not an inch.

Her nose wrinkled when he said the last part, like she was disgusted with herself for feeling what she had felt and now there was a level of embarrassment that he knew what had happened. She felt blood rush to her cheeks, and in an effort to make sure he couldn't see in the reflection, she dipped her gaze and head to the floor like she was looking over her pistol.

The gauntlet had been thrown down and Scout quite honestly didn't expect for him to take the bait. It surprised her when he didn't answer right away and instead began to crouch. She rose an inquisitive brow at him and watched. He sat down the pistol and Scout tensed her muscles, expecting some kind of trick... but as his pistol slid down the aisle between them and stopped just a foot or two in front of her... she glared at it.

"What are you doing?" Her gaze shot up to him in the reflection. "This a trick? Show me your hands!" she spat, brows dark and heavily set into the lids of her eyes. Had he literally just handed her the win? The kill? Just like that? She tried her best not to get too excited, did her best to quell the quickening of her heart beat. But it wasn't an ecstasy she was feeling, it was straight, unadulterated, pure …

panic.

"What the FUCK-- are you doing!?" she half shouted before her voice cracked and the rest of her words scaped their way out of her lips. "No, … no, no, no. Show me your other gun!" she demanded in the strangest, most pleading way. In a way that seemed to hint that she would have a breakdown if this wasn't a trick.
Posted 10-31-2022, 12:35 PM

He scoffed at what she said. ”I didn’t decide to wake up any more than I decided to get turned in the first place, Scout. All I know is that, one day…I woke up. Like I just got roused from the world’s longest fucking nightmare. One moment, I was…something else and then…I was me again. I was crouched on a goddamn balcony and about fell the fuck off.”

He didn’t miss how alluding to how the bite could make one feel caused a visceral reaction in her. He hadn’t been so far gone that he’d missed her reactions. Even fighting against his inner beast, his senses were only that much sharper. The scent of her and the beat of her pulse then had wired itself into his brain. Even the dirty reflection didn’t hide all of the color on her cheeks as she finally broke the gaze through it and looked down.

Not that it stayed that way very long. She seemed panicked when he did as she said. His arms lifted. ”I’m going to take off my backpack, slowly, and keep doing what you want. You wanted me to prove it, so that’s what I’m going to do, Scout.”

He carefully, cautiously, shrugged out of that ruck and let it slide down until he could grab it with only one hand, letting it swing to that side before he let it ease down to the linoleum. He then slid it toward her as well before he lifted the bottom halves of his jacket up so that she could see that he had nothing under it. He went so far as to turn his back to her, making him completely vulnerable to her if she chose to take that moment to act.

”If this is what it takes togive me some legitimacy, so be it. Can you put your gun down so we can sit down and just…talk?”
Posted 10-31-2022, 02:22 PM
It was all just too much to take in, too much to accept, especially at face value from someone she was still certain had branded her with a death sentence. Scout had a hard time trusting even those she had known for years, let alone days. Nothing that he said made sense, not from what she had been taught. It was hard to shrug away a lifetime of knowledge just because a comparative to a stranger was telling her different. Not just hard, but impossible. She listened though, she didn't entirely disregard everything he said. Nice touch. she thought to herself, figuring his little detail about falling off of a balcony to be an interesting embellishment. It was the kind of addition one might use to persuade another that it were true.

She didn't understand. Or maybe it was that she didn't want to.

Scout waited, holding her breath as he very quickly returned her demands with cooperation. The flexion in her jaw might have hinted at the tension she felt as she gritted her teeth. Either of the two ways this could go felt like either a risk or a loss. Scout didn't like the outcome that could come from any of those two options. Either he was setting her up somehow to get the jump on her and kill her, or Malachi was telling the truth... she wasn't going to die, but she would have to live with being a cold blooded murder for the remainder of her days.

For a moment, for the briefest of moments she considered just shooting him dead. Scout would have her revenge, or at least die, thinking she had had it. If he died before persuading her, then she could rest easier with what she had done.

The very idea that she considered killing him before he could persuade her meant that she felt as if she could be persuaded. It was too late for all of that, wasn't it?

She watched as he removed the backpack, watched as it slid towards her, nearing the same location as the pistol. As it came into view, the smell of earth and leaves assaulted her olfactory nerves. A scent she had smelled a million times but this time it would bore a hole in her memory.

As he lifted his jacket and turned his back to her, she took that moment to stand; keeping the business end of her pistol trained on him. "No, no I won't put down the only thing keeping us on a level playing field." her voice was shaky, so was her stance as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other and then back again. With both hands holding the pistol, she wavered a bit, her finger hovering over the trigger, but wouldn't, couldn't squeeze it.

"You've …. you've ruined my life." A single, salty tear welled up in her eye and then trailed down her cheek. "It doesn't matter if you're telling me the truth, or you're lying, it's all the same."
Posted 10-31-2022, 10:10 PM

She was shaky…too shaky. She reminded him of a deer in headlights. It made the animal part of him hungry. His incisors aches and he warded it off thanks to the reminder that, in this case, it was the deer that had the gun.

She kept shifting around and he was not happy with having her on a hair trigger around him. He had no other way to play this game, however, and he’d made his decision. He just had to play it through and see where the pieces wound up at the end of it all.

At her assertion, he looked over his shoulder at her. ”You don’t need a gun to be on a level playing field, Scout. I don’t want to hurt you and, despite it all, I don’t think you want to hurt me either.”

He looked over his shoulder at her, glancing at her from the corner of his eye. He saw how much she was shifting and fidgeting. He saw that single, damp track that the tear made as it slid down her pale flesh. Malachi let the ends of his jacket drop, hands staying up in the air as he turned back toward her with a slow, steady motion to try and keep from spooking her.

His tongue played over his lips for a moment, wetting them before he tiled his head, searching her face before he spoke gently. His voice was warm, rich, and concerned as he questioned her. ”What do you mean, Scout? I do not understand…”

This was more emotion, more vulnerability, than he thought he’d ever see in the young woman before him. She’d kept him at a distance and he’d done the same, so seeing that tear and any form of weakness…it just seemed so out of character with what he knew of her.
Posted 11-05-2022, 08:47 AM
He stood with his back towards her, completely, irrevocably vulnerable to whatever she decided would happen. If he regretted his decision, he didn't show it. Scout felt a confusing amount of contradiction as she stood there, pistol trained at his back, wavering to the left, nearer to his heart, out of habit.

"You don't know anything."

Complete control over the situation seemed so apparent in her hands, but it didn't quell the truth of the matter feeling wildly out of hand. Everything had gone so far off the rails and for the moment, Scout saw no way to get it back on track.

Nothing was going to change that Clay was dead.

It was his fault. Scout tried to assure herself. It was all entirely his fault. If he hadn't bitten her, none of this would of been an issue. None of this would have happened. Did that mean she still had a need for revenge? That question and ones like it, floated back and forth in her mind. Before she had known the 'truth', the answer was a resounding "yes"; back when she thought she had to put him down because he was a danger to anyone that patrolled the wall.

Clay had tried to stand in her way. He didn't understand that now that she was infected, she was a tool, a disposable weapon that could find Malachi and remove the threat without risk of hurting anyone else. At the time. Scout saw things in black and white. Clay died because she looked at the numbers and thought two deaths were better than tens, hundreds, or a sprawling thousand. If she had turned herself in, as Clay had insisted, it would all be for naught. With her limited knowledge, she had done what she thought was right. Most of all, she would do what she thought would let her rest the easiest.

She wanted to wipe away the tear so badly, but she couldn't risk tilting her head into her shoulder, or taking just one hand off of the pistol. Instead she hoped their distance wouldn't allow for the view of it.

"Everything I had, everything I am, is gone now and it's your fault. I made … decisions... because I thought I was dead Malachi. You did that. You forced my hand." she gritted her teeth, trying to keep the stinging feeling coming from her eyes at bay, knowing more tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. "I can't go back to Stronghold and I won't live here." Perhaps she meant to say she couldn't live with herself, but that would never be spoken out loud.

She shifted gears.

"If you didn't infect me, fine, okay, but you can infect others if you wanted to. Couldn't you?" She just needed another reason, one more nail for his coffin.
Posted 11-08-2022, 09:30 AM This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 09:30 AM by Scout Gadsby

”You’re right, Scout. I don’t know anything. I don’t know what happened after I left…so let’s talk about it, huh?" He’d been careful in turning to face her, not wanting to startle her, not in her state. If he did that, he knew she would react, most likely violently. She was on a hair trigger. He could all but smell it. His hands remained up, carefully docile and non-threatening while she seemed to be processing something internally. He waited, patiently, and didn’t move even when he saw that tear in her eye.

Malachi hadn’t known her long, but the strong front she’d put up had been more than apparent from the start. It had been enough of a break of character when she’d been concerned for him when he was wounded…a break in that wall that she, no doubt, now felt betrayed by. He looked to the side so as to not bring attention to that single droplet moving down her cheek. He doubted she needed to feel embarrassed alongside everything else that was going through her emotionally at the moment.

He only finally looked back to her when she spoke of decisions and her forced hand. His pale eyes searched hers and he didn’t have to pretend to be sympathetic. He could understand those feelings and that mindset more than she probably knew.

”I don’t know what decisions you are talking about, Scout, but I’m sorry. That was not something I ever wanted to cause for you. That wasn’t a situation I ever wanted to put you in. It was all I could do, at the time, just to make sure I didn’t do anything irreparable to you…but I’m willing to help if I can. Life out here isn’t so bad, if you are smart, and I know you are smart. However, I also know more than a few groups that could use someone that’s capable like you.”

Without her being far more specific, there wasn’t much else he could say…all he could do was trivialize what she was feeling and to roll with the verbal punches when she shifted gears. At her question, he paused, weighing it and her intent behind it. Finally, he nodded. ”I could, yes, the same way you could take that gun and shoot everyone you met if you wanted to.”
Posted 11-26-2022, 09:56 AM
She kept her gaze locked on him, watching and calculating every change of his stance. He was faster than her, stronger, he could kill her in an instance and that risk was ever-apparent in her mind. Still he had given up the high ground. Scout still wasn't sure why, the entire interaction thus far seemed peculiar that he would risk his life to deescalate the situation. He had no reason to. They didn't know each other from Adam, other than sharing a few rounds of teamwork and trading. He couldn't possibly care for her.

For the moment she ignored his prodding question. The one meant to keep her talking, not thinking.

He was still ignorant but he was working his way around the issues without missing a beat. Scout narrowed her eyes as he apologized for what limited information he had. Wouldn't anyone do the same under the glaring barrel of a gun? Scout tried not to think much of it. Tried to not let it soften her, even if it was the slightest bit.

"I don't do groups." she snapped out of it. Spitting the statement with disgust. "I'm better off alone and that's never been more true than it is right now." Again, she gave a clue as to what had driven her, what had her calling for his death. If she hadn't had a partner, someone she trusted, this too could have been avoided.

She exhaled, shortly, then glared. "Yeah, but bullets run out. You've got the ability to infect anyone and everyone you meet." She was grasping at straws, but she didn't feel like it was untrue.

"Clay was going to turn me in. He couldn't understand the opportunity I had. If I had to died, it was going to worth it. He couldn't understand that. But even though he couldn't, his death still has to mean something. Just like mine was going to."
Posted 12-04-2022, 10:51 PM

Deflection and avoidance…Malachi couldn’t say that it was unexpected. Whatever was eating at her was in deep. It drove her here, to this point, and it had her on the edge of a very dangerous precipice. It was dangerous to him…and even more dangerous to herself. He watched her eyes narrow at his apology.

He lifted his hands a bit higher, ”I could say the same, Scout. You know what I am now. You don’t think this…here…right now doesn’t make that feel like it’s right to me as well?” His tone wasn’t harsh. It wasn’t patronizing either. It was honest and it was filled with the understanding of someone who has felt that even longer than she’s been alive. His eyes held hers while she glared at him and threw another accusation at him and what he was. He recognized this…recognized the leading statements. She wanted a reason to do what she came here to do. He’d seen it before, in that old life. He'd seen it in people that wanted to radicalize. He’d used it himself during interrogations against “enemies of the state”. He’d been trained to dehumanize others when the mission called for it.

It made doing the hard things easier.

He almost spoke, but he paused to take in a breath and he found himself happy that he’d done so because she spoke. She spoke and it suddenly became clear just what was going on and why she felt the way she did. He understood why she was here and why she was on the edge. He understood why she was holding onto that pistol as though it was a life preserver and an anchor all in one.

”Yeah, bullets run out, Scout…and no one in the history of the world killed someone before bullets were invented. We’ve been killing each other since long before we bothered recording the history of it. I know it even more than you because I was there a hundred years before back when humanity thought it was the biggest, baddest bitch on this planet. The truth of the matter is that everyone has the ability to kill anyone else at any time they want to. The only thing that’s changed is how creative we’ve gotten with the methods.”

Malachi looked into her eyes and he took a slow step forward. ”I’m sorry, Scout. I’m sorry that what happened forced your hand. I’m sorry that he didn’t understand. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you the truth then….maybe it could have prevented all of that.” He kept moving closer to her, slowly and methodically, like she was a fawn that he was afraid of spooking. He didn’t stop until the barrel of it was pressed against his sternum.

”And I’m sorry that I was careless and didn’t kill those bastards back when they tried to jump me before. If I had, they’d never have followed after me and none of this would have happened. If this is what you want, what you really want…then do it. I won’t stop you.”
Posted 12-10-2022, 06:21 PM
Scout lifted a brow. She recognized he was trying to empathize with her, or so she thought. As far as she gathered, he didn't do groups because of what he was; a dangerous pariah. Was that suppose to make her feel sorry for him? It didn't. He didn't need a group because of what he was. He was more than capable of taking care of himself in conjunction with the benefits of being infected. It was a little harder for her, but Scout would never say as much. "Then you understand, there's no place for me here." she stated, furthering her latter statement.

She shook her head, even if her reasonings were beginning to crumble, she attempted to put out the little fires as they appeared. "That's wrong. Not everyone has the ability to kill anyone at any time. If they did, you wouldn't be such a threat. This piece? Right here?" she dropped her gaze to the pistol in her hand for half a second before looking back at him "It's the great equalizer." There was something completely, fundamentally wrong with what he was saying. She understood he was trying to use it to explain he wasn't the only beast in this world, but he was certainly the deadliest.

As he took a step forwards she parted her lips, about to demand he stay back, but his apology was the only words that pierced the space between them. He was right to apologize. Mostly in regards to not telling her that she was fine after the bite. He was right. It could have prevented everything.

Scout didn't expect the apology. Of everything that she thought could or might happen after she found Malachi, she would have never thought he would own the mistake. That wasn't so surprising, however, considering she didn't know him. She didn't know what made him tick. Didn't know what situations had brought him to this point. It was safe to say she hadn't been surrounded by many people in her life that accepted their accountability.

And they hadn't quite raised her to accept hers either.

She stared at his chest. All it would take was one squeeze of the trigger. "Why wouldn't you have killed them?" she asked plainly, knowing full well, she would have.

What did that mean?
Posted 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM

” Feeling that way and being the truth are two different things, Scout. You can make a place for yourself here.” It was easy to focus on what was wrong and think there was no way out of it, but that attitude led to rash decisions. Malachi knew…he’d had good friends, brothers in arms, that had lost themselves to despair. He had seen the pain radiate across those who had cared for them…those who had lost them.

He shook his head a bit more as she talked about not everyone being able to kill and the pistol being an equalizer. ” No, anyone can kill. Humanity, whatever I am…we’re more fragile than you think. You might not have volunteered the help, but you are the only reason I’m alive in the first place. If what happened…hadn’t…I’d already be dead. A disease, an infection, hell…an improperly chewed piece of food can kill. Humanity is good at killing, despite its fragility.” He nodded down to the gun. ”Humans aren’t apex predators because they are stronger, faster, more durable, or have deadlier claws. They are apex predators because they figure out ways to overcome those who have that…like that gun.”

His hands came up when she didn’t pump a round into his chest. The movements weren’t quick: they were slow and deliberate as he wrapped his fingers around her wrists loosely, resting his touch there without trying to move the gun…just simply providing that tactile sensation of touch while he looked at her staring at his chest and where that barrel was pushing an indent into his shirt and the skin beneath.

” Because most people are just trying to survive. I’ve been shaken down before. If I hadn’t had your pistol and our meeting, I might have just given them some things and talked things down. Plus…” he sighed, shaking his head. ”One of them smelled like baby powder. That’s rare. When I disabled them, I found something he’d been carving…something for a child. I thought this might be a good lesson…make them choose a different way to meet their ends. I wanted to give them a second chance.”[speech]

He ran his tongue over his lips before he sighed. [speech]”I was wrong.”

Posted 12-27-2022, 01:55 PM
"That's real easy for someone like you, to say." He was giving her this advice from the outside looking in. It was clear he didn't know what it meant to live in Stronghold. To hold a position like the one she was in, even if her gut told her they shared a few similarities, it still wasn't the same. Scout was as independent as they came, but the idea of not being apart of the military, the only thing she knew, was wrenching to think about.

"Now you're talking about fate, not the ability to kill. Anyone can die walking down the street, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about your specific leg up in the business of killing. Your stronger, faster, and can out maneuver me anytime you want. You can't deny that and I'm not too proud to admit it. You are the apex predator of the apex predators and that makes this gun my only chance of leveling the playing field. Maybe it doesn't even tilt the scales at all. That's the bottom line. You're just trying to distract me from that. What did those scavengers have that almost killed you? Guns. But if they had run out of bullets, you'd still be loaded." Scout pressed the end of the gun into his chest a little harder. She knew she was right in this.

As his hands came to rest on her wrists, she felt her gaze deepen, her jaw tighten. She was coming to the conclusion she couldn't kill him if she wanted to. The only difference that could be made here was that if she didn't pull the trigger, she would have perhaps a rapport with him. If she did try to shoot him, somehow, some way, it wouldn't land and then he might kill her for attempting it. Maybe that theory wasn't solid, but it was the only out she could come up with that made it almost okay that she not finish was she started.

"Play stupid games, when stupid prizes." she repeated what Ross had said to her many a time. Her head tilted as she said it, not feeling any sympathy for the scavengers. Even if they had a child, it meant nothing other than they weren't smart enough to raise it the way it should have been raised. Did that make her cold hearted? Probably. "Take your hands off of me." she warned, glaring now into his eyes.
Posted 12-31-2022, 11:16 AM

”Even if I wasn’t what I am, I’ve got, what? Half again or more your mass, eight inches of height, and more training than you do, Scout. I’d have the advantage any way we looked at it. Not definitive, but an advantage nonetheless. Yes, I’ve got more advantages now, but I was good at fucking people up long before the world went to shit. We can argue this in circles until we’re blue in the face…but the bottom line is that I don’t want to hurt people….to hurt you. And I don’t think you want to hurt me either.”

That phrase she uttered caused his mouth to quirk up in a ghost of a smile as he heard it. Some things managed to survive past the end of the world…why a phrase like that was one of them, he didn’t know but so be it. He wondered if she had any idea just where that came from. Still, he could commiserate with her on that feeling. He’d felt the same way plenty of times back in his past.

When it came to stupid games, however, he’d picked the stupidest one of them all, given how that barrel was digging into his chest. He was playing chicken with an emotionally fragile girl with anger management issues. It was a miracle that he was still alive.

In for a penny, in for a pound, however, his grip softened at her request, sliding off her wrists and back down to his sides as he met her gaze evenly. ”Can you put the gun away then? We can clear out the rest of the building and figure out where to go from here while we do that?”

He lifts his right hand up between them, offering it to her. ”Truce?”
Posted 12-31-2022, 11:46 AM This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 11:47 AM by Malachi Blake
"More weight and height isn't always an advantage." she was quick to throw back. Enjoying how he reframed from mentioning her gender, there weren't too many men that would do the same where she came from. However, she threw it out of her mind, not wanting it to give him an inch of good real-estate in her mind. She neither disagreed or agreed with his last statement. Scout still wasn't quite sure if she wanted to hurt him or not, a part of her did, it really did; another part wasn't too sure it would fix or change anything.

"Is something funny?" she was quick to note when she watched him show the slightest hints of amusement at what she had said. It had just seemed so off, considering the levity of the situation between them; the fact he was being held at gun point for starters.

As he removed his hands, she instantly felt relief, from what, she couldn't articulate. Letting a breath pass out of her lips, her shoulder's relaxed in the slightest way. "I'm going to put my gun down, but I'm not going to finish clearing this building. I already found what I was looking for." her eyes narrowed, like she wasn't happy with what she had found.

He offered her his hand and she stared at it like it was a foreign concept, but thereafter ignored it. She couldn't help pressing the gun into his chest just one more time before she pulled it back and holstered it at her side. Immediately she put several steps between them, not wanting him so close without any threat at all on his mind. "Just stay away from me." she took a few more steps towards the door, never turning her back to him.
Posted 12-31-2022, 12:50 PM
Pages (3):    Previous 1 2 3 Next   Thread Closed