Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    Quarantine Zone    No-Man's Land    Lake Armdale    Open The Shimmer of Steel and The Shimmer of Water

Open  The Shimmer of Steel and The Shimmer of Water    A little training session, away from the eyes of many
Played by Nox-Aeternam    37 Posts Ian Donnaghan
The sun lay high in the sky that afternoon, its reflection dancing in ripples of its waters and casting its light against old dilapidated boats and piers as it did so. The area around the lake was silent, save for the song of birds and the lapping of the lake against the stone shore. On its southern edge stood a man, perched on a towering rock overlooking the water. Caught within the eye of the sun his shadow seemed to dance upon the rippling surface with its movements. Adhering to his own rhythm, Ian's blade whistled through the air in a graceful arc...all whilst doing so on a single, naked foot. The Vampire's movements were an elegant orchestra of blade and balance, showing no signs of faltering with each shift in stance and each flourishing swing of the glaive. As a normal man, he had been in good physical condition...but even with the martial arts training he had, he would not have been capable of anything near to what he was doing; such a thing was within the realm of masters who were at the peak of human fitness, something which he was well beyond now.

As to why he was out here, it was simple; practice makes perfect. Back in the Junkyard, he could train with his bow and sawed-off shotgun, but the full scope of his physical abilities had to be worked on, away from the eyes of everyone that knew him. Save for his trousers, a sash containing his kris and bracers, the Treasurer's torso and feet were unadorned, revealing a physique that was rather well-built by the standards of this age. Reaching the end of the training regimen, he would leap into the air with a graceful flourish; with a twist, he would bring the blade down in an overhead arc, whilst landing in a low stance.

Posted 06-25-2021, 01:31 PM This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 01:31 PM by Ian Donnaghan
Played by Silhouette    95 Posts North Sigurd
There were times when even North, a Major in the Military, grew tired of his time spent in Stronghold. There was only so many things one could do it an otherwise stagnant society before boredom crept in like a disease. It also didn't help that his Infected blood had a sense of wanderlust, an urgency to keep moving and keep hunting. That was the main reason why North currently found himself outside of Stronghold, dressed in regular civilian clothing as to not give himself away as Military. Even the truck he had driven out to No Man's Land remained free of any sort of Military insignia. He was, in essence, completely incognito.

Sticks and rocks crunched underfoot as he walked along the shores of the lake, blue eyes eagerly searching the surrounding area for wandering drifters that he might invite for lunch. He spotted the lone man long before he was even close to him. The silhouette of the man from a distance was still very obvious to a creature such as North, whose keen eyes allowed him better vision for hunting. He saw the glimmer of the blade in the man's hand, familiar movements that he himself knew from his own hobby of sword fighting — albeit different enough, due to their usage of different weapons while fighting.

Curiosity was enough to draw North closer to the man, and as he came within speaking distance of him, one sniff of the wind caused a flicker of disappointing in his veins — Infected. Looks like he wasn't going to get a snack out of his interaction. But... Blue eyes roamed over an exposed torso, muscles rippling beneath the surface of pale skin. He grins — he could live with that.

“Swordplay isn't a skill you normally find amongst men nowadays,” North comments aloud as he approaches the man once he's finished with his little display, a smirk upon North's lips. “Then again, you aren't exactly a man from 'now', are you?” he tilts his head, almost as if curious for the answer, even though they both knew it was rhetoric.
TAG Ian Donnaghan

Posted 07-10-2021, 10:41 PM
Ian was still in his low, landing stance when a voice on the wind caught his senses; that same subtle gust brought a few other aural motes to his sense of smell. As he turned to look at the stranger, he noted the scent of kin first and foremost...an Infected like himself. There were faint traces of soap and alcohol as well among the scent; intriguingly enough, there was a strong musky hint to that smell too...indicating that the man in question not long ago partook in the more socially-acceptable pleasures of the flesh. Eventually, the doctor's deep green eyes would meet with the stranger's blue. Naturally, he was conflicted; the Vampire had never met another individual like himself...he knew he couldn't have been the only one to have come back from their bestial state. As curious as he was, Ian was also very wary as well, for reasons that'd take far too long to list; something to do with power and its effects on the human psyche or the volatility of their condition. Still he masked this inner conflict with a smile as he spoke, his accent a relic of a world drowned in fire and blood.

"Well, last I checked, I'm definitely not eunuch..." he remarked with a dry chuckle, though given the examination of his own gametes under a microscope, he came rather close when it came to the fertility aspect. His hand was still clutching the glaive as he continued on, rising from his stance as he did so. "Then again, I suppose a man like you is also of a sanguine disposition too?"

As for the arts of the blade, the Briton had his own thoughts on the matter.

"I suppose its because very few have the patience to do so...it was the same back before the world became buggered; the folks of back then saw it s pointless then as much as they do now, albeit for different reasons."

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 07-11-2021, 08:06 PM
North is very aware of keeping himself on guard around the stranger — for multiple reasons, really. One, because he never particularly liked being around others of his kind; they just never seemed to get along for some reason. And two, because pretty much anyone that lived outside Stronghold was immediately a threat to him as a Military officer, even if it wasn't currently obvious that he was part of the Military. It still was enough to keep him on edge, North positioning himself a respectable distance away from the other man, a slight grin on his face.

He tilts his head slightly as the man begins to speak to him, letting out a low hum in response even if he doesn't verbalize his thoughts about the joke. He watches as the man slowly raises himself into a standing position, but his next few words catch North's attention and he grins broadly at the other man — allowing his fangs to briefly slip from his gums and peek over top of his lips, teasing the man with his identity.

“Indeed I am,” he purrs in response, allowing his fangs to slip back into his gums once more; back into his secret identity as a human. “It sure comes in handy, having to not worry about Infected hunting me from the shadows,” he comments aloud, a sweep of his hand indicating that he was talking about the man as well. Would a human be so brave as to practice out in the open like him? He doubted it — they were like lambs, afraid of their own shadows. Only when hiding behind ramshackle walls did they ever let their hair down to have some fun.

Besides, what good would a sword do a human against Infected?

“How true. I myself only picked up a thing or two on blades after the fallout from everything. I had... Much more carnal inclinations as a human,” he responds to the man's words, and with an obvious purr in his words, he follows his suggestive tone up with a wink. “What brings you out here alone? Besides the obvious,” he continues, deciding to push the man a bit for some information. It was helpful for him to know that there was another Level V Infected running around, and it was imperative for both himself, as well as the Military, to know if there were any more of his... ilk.
TAG Ian Donnaghan

Posted 07-16-2021, 12:20 AM
Ian observed and listened to the Vampiric stranger before him; the purring of his speech naturally made the doctor wonder, based on the stranger's previous mentions of having previously been of a carnal disposition, if this individual was planning on flirting with him or fuck him over in a way that was less than fun. Still, the Eclipse Treasurer watched, ever wary of the other Vampire; he wasn't going to let his desire to know another Infected like himself make him drop his guard now...power can make a person unpredictable to say the least. Being a courteous man however, Ian opted to oblige the stranger's question with an answer.

"Besides from the obvious, I am simply on an errand from my community...it just so happens that it has given me ample opportunity to practice my arts to their full etent without drawing a suspicious gaze."

Naturally, the British Vampire's answer was veiled; he was all too conscious about letting others know that he was on assignment for Eclipse...one simply never knew who one might be talking to, even if they too shared the same liquid all-protein diet. If he too had integrated into one of the few remaining human societies in this section of the continent, then who could have this Infected integrated with as well?

""So...how long has it been since you...well...re-emerged?""
Tag North Sigurd
Posted Yesterday, 12:19 PM This post was last modified: Yesterday, 12:19 PM by Ian Donnaghan
“Ohh~? A community, you say? I didn't realize there was a drifter colony nearby,” North immediately perks up at the man's comment, suspicion and intrigue filtering its way into his speech. This was definitely something that he was interested in, as both an Infected as well as a Military Major. Although No Man's Land already began to stretch beyond the Military's immediate reach, it was still always important for them to know what was going on beyond their walls. Still, he wasn't stupid.

They had just met one another, he wasn't about to act nosy and push for information that any normal drifter wouldn't. Much as he wanted information now, he knew he'd have to charm the other man first. Smirk. Well, he was experienced with that, wasn't he? North tilts his head a little as the man asks how long it had been since he had awakened as a Level V, so to speak, and he places an elongated finger against his chin as if thinking about the answer.

“I would say about ten years ago now,” he muses, silently adding that it was around the time that Level V first started popping up, according to Cypher's archives. Perhaps it was because of that, that he was able to slip into human society so easily. No one was suspecting an Infected to be able to do that at the time. Now? Now they were much more cautious, even if there was still no fool-proof way of testing for a Level V. North shakes the thoughts from his head as he focuses his attention back on the man in front of him, blue eyes glinting as he once more throws a devilish smirk in the man's direction, a careful step closer.

“What about you?” He questions with a bit of a growl in his words — but it wasn't done as a threat. “Better yet: does your community know about you? Do they welcome you with open arms, or do you simply keep them around as livestock?” Ah, the dream. A farm of humans made to be fed on by Infected like him. It would definitely make feeding much easier but...

He still enjoyed the hunt once in a while.
TAG Ian Donnaghan

Posted 4 hours ago This post was last modified: 4 hours ago by Silhouette
"Same here...what was your first moment as yourself again like?"

Asked Ian, who remembered all too well that first moment of humanity again; it had felt as though he had been waking up from a long slumber, coupled with blearily comprehending the light of the sun shining in his face. Honestly, he had felt extremely groggy in that moment, completely unaware of what transpired so many decades ago. He felt things were going rather well, until the next question that started causing alarm bells to ring within Ian's psyche. Had the stranger kept it to just a matter of whether or not his community knew of what he was, to which he'd happily have answered. But no! The bugger just had to go and refer to them as livestock! Came the irritated thought. Still, the Doctor maintained a calm veneer; the only sign of his concern being the tightening of his grip on the glaive's shaft and a brief micro-flicker of red in his eyes.

"No...." he began, "they do not know of my nature...and I do not see them as livestock whatsoever."

Ian's next words then emerged; the tone was as neutral as he could must....even then, there was a subtle feral edge to as he returned with a question of his own.

"And I assume your perspective on other people is the opposite of mine?"

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 3 hours ago