Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    IC Archives    2021 Threads    Military A Dangerous Game

Military  A Dangerous Game    North-Delilah
Thread Closed
Played by    9 Posts Delilah Odell
It was your basic run-of-the-mill meet and greet. The kind that happens when transitioning to a new job; nice to meet you, what's your managing style? Here's your first assignment, yadda-yadda. Any other person would not have any thoughts about this meeting other than 'I hope they are competent,' and 'I hope they're not a micro-manager.' They wouldn't be concerned that their new boss might kill them.

Or eat them.

Delilah wasn't sure how she got into this... compromising position. That was a lie, she did know: it was through the trousers of a certain Flag Officer that will remain nameless to protect the innocent (or not so innocent.) Now she was a double --triple?--agent.

You see this officer, here? A one North Sigurd? We think there's something off about him. Something a little suspicious. Find out if we're right.

By any means necessary.

So, not only was she spying on the military for Eclipse, she was spying on the military for... the Military. How did this happen? Why her of all people?

Oh yeah, cause she had a reputation of opening her legs for any and all, and what could be a better spy? No one ever suspects the bimbo whore. It was as true now as it was throughout the entirety of history.

This was going to be how she died. She knew it.

What turned this whole situation from worrisome to morbidly hilarious is the information she dug up on Sigurd following her advancement into his staff.

They both had fucked their way up the ranks. What did one do? Laugh or cry? Did this make it easier or harder? One would think being intimate with someone would make it easier to figure out if they were one of the legions of the infected. Maybe that's why they were suspicious of him in the first place.

Did that make her cannon fodder then?

She shouldn't refuse even if she was. The opportunity was too perfect. Fated even! She didn't believe in any god, but this made her question providence...

Discarding most pretense of respectability and reveling in the new freedom of being plainclothes, she opted for a plain sleek pant-suit in military blue and her rank denoted by the pin on her lapel. Heels and a clean white blouse, three buttons loose completed her attire and let her looks speak for themselves.

She was open for business--but not desperate. That was a bad look. Besides, she wasn't wholly incompetent and she did like her career to speak for her as much as her breasts and legs did.

She arrived on time (which meant five minutes early), ensured she let any assistant know of her arrival prior to knocking. True to military fashion--she even saluted when she stepped in his office.

"Major Sigurd, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Tag North Sigurd

Posted 09-27-2021, 01:22 PM
Played by Silhouette    152 Posts North Sigurd
Considering how lazy he was with paperwork to begin with, North couldn't comprehend why the Flag Rank Officers thought it was a good idle to saddle him with such an important task — that task being the Lone Light Squad of course. Even to this day the Level V considers it a bad idea on their part but, well, it wasn't like he exactly thirsted for the Military to succeed or anything.

A new arrival was due to meet him today.

For a moment, North stares at the manilla folder in front of him on the desk, labelled with the officer's name in dark obsidian ink: Officer Odell. That was all the man knew, and while it would be so easy to pry the folder open and have a peak inside — he refrains from doing so. Why?

Because it made much more sense to do so once the officer was there in his office, standing in front of him — and having their dirty laundry laid out between the two of them. North didn't need to know about the silly little human to get the upper hand over them; he already had it, what with him being a Major and their new boss. Fingers dance playfully across the top of the folder before the man shoves it to the side, choosing instead to swivel around in his chair and face towards the large window that covered the majority of the back of his office. Stronghold.

It always was an impressive sight, especially from so high up.

The Infected doesn't linger in his thoughts for very long, as he's rudely interrupted by a knock on the door. A click is caught by his ears as the office door swings open, and the man waits for a second or two before he turns to face the officer. Ah, a woman. A smooth grin stretches across his lips as she greets him with a salute — the perfect Military dog. It does well to stroke his ego, and in a split second, she's already on his good side. It doesn't take much to impress him clearly, but then again he often had dealings with officers that didn't treat him with the respect he earned. The respect he demanded.

“Officer Odell, is it? I've heard great things about you,” he lies with a criminal grin. “Come, sit,” he continues with a light purr in his words, indicating the lone chair that sits in front of his well-manicured desk. Something nags at the back of his mind, as if reminding him that he did know this officer somehow. He just can't quite place her. But that didn't matter — he'd learn about her soon enough. Regardless, if she made the Lone Light Squad, then the Flag Rank Officers must have seen something of worth in her.

“Being chosen to be part of the Lone Light Squad isn't an easy task. Forgiving me for asking, but — I'm curious as to how it is you were chosen as one of the lucky few? I, unfortunately, do not choose my team,” he continues speaking, his blue eyes trained to the women with a ferocity only known by an apex predator. It was ironic that North was head of the team but wasn't able to choose the members himself. Ah well, got him out of extra paperwork and all that. Let the corporate fat cats do the dirty work.
TAG Delilah Odell

Posted 09-30-2021, 11:35 PM

Delilah was confronted with....

the back of a chair. She remained where she was, nicely at attention because that's what was expected of her in this moment, and internally screaming.

Not in fear, really, so much as utter disbelief. What was this some old-world black and white spy film? He'd swivel around in about three seconds and go "I've been expecting you," in some accent with hard consonants and full mouthed vowels.

North swiveled to face her and it took Lilah everything in her to remain impassive. She wasn't paid enough to deal with this shit. If only Dallas were here, then she could at least place bets.

Bets she'd win out of default because that stick in the mud was never any fun.

She did not acknowledge his statement about her 'great things' because that could easily be her aim or her tits. She just nodded and took the seat that was offered to her.

One thing about North Sigurd, he had piercing eyes that only the truly sociopathic had. Was he even blinking? She felt like she was staring down some large predator and she wasn't sure if he wanted to eat her heart or eat her out.

Given his reputation and the whole reason she was here? Could be both. Now she understood why the Flag Officers found him a little suspicious. Guy was fuckin weird.

She smiled demurely and nodded. "I impressed our superiors, I suppose. Same as you."

Tag North Sigurd

Posted 10-03-2021, 02:37 PM
She doesn't seem to outwardly react much to the way in which he speaks to her — that's good. Don't get him wrong, North did enjoy watching his subordinates squirm in their seats when he fixed them with a predatory gaze, one filled of hunger and dark promise. But he enjoyed those that weren't so easy to intimidate as well. It meant that the game would have much more substance to it.

Not that he was expecting to play some kind of game with the officer in front of him, of course. She was in a squad directly under him now, and that meant that he should show her some level of respect... Right? North remains quiet as she finally decides to answer him, commenting about how she'd impressed their superiors same as him. The comment makes him raise one of his eyebrows, a cheeky grin just barely making its way into his expression before it leaves again.

“Same as me?” he questions, a sort of laugh in his voice. “I'm known for many things in the Military, Officer Odell, and I hardly believe anyone would be willing to admit they've done the same things as me to get ahead and impress their superiors.”

North wasn't deaf. He knew the rumours that floated around the Military — that the only reason he made it to Major in 10 years was that he'd slept his way through the ranks. He wasn't exactly one to quell such rumours either, especially with those that hinted he was willing to sleep with just about anyone. It wasn't a false rumour by any means, so why should he bother correcting anyone? Besides, it meant that eager and curious cadets often found their way into his bed, and he was perfectly content with having a reputation that offered him up the ability to settle his carnal desires with ease.

He stares at her, curious — then looks down at the file in front of him and finally opens it up.

“You used to be part of the Security branch, I see. Tell me, do you have much experience with Infected?” His eyes lift, a predatory glean once more present in them. Whether she did or not, she was sure as hell about to have some with working for him. Little did she know, of course.
TAG Delilah Odell

Posted 10-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Ah, she received a reaction more than just stoically intimidating glare like she was a piece of bacon sizzling in a cast iron pan.

Progress.

What's more, it was the kind of grin between two people that shared a secret. He knew she knew, now, and the rumors had been confirmed. Two birds, one stone. Still, he played coy--which Delilah also expected.

A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips, and she gave an elegant shrug. "I think it's more common than you think, Sir," she said. Let him take that for what he would. Supposed infection status--unconfirmed, and wielding his sexuality for his own profit--confirmed.

Walking that tight line, keeping her prey guessing, that was what made the game fun. The weariness of watching the lies and the alibis and wondering what the other person knew exhausted a person. Eventually he would slip up. Or she'd discover that he wasn't infected.

Either way she won.

Now, back to business. She was being interviewed. "I was, for a time. And yes, I do. Almost ten years." Her records would certainly have enough information of the details; she didn't particularly want to debrief someone all of it. Three-hundred, sixty-five days a year, several years long... it was a lot of information. She settled with "I've seen pretty much everything. New, older, the occasional child." People she didn't know. People she did...

She took a deep breath as subtly as possible and exhaled slowly. Grounding herself.
Posted 10-13-2021, 02:17 PM
Delilah is quick to almost dismiss whatever it was North was trying to insinuate with his earlier words, casting off his veiled insult with no more than a mere brush of her shoulder. More common than he thought, huh? To sleep around, to rise to a position of power through parting ones legs? Perhaps — humans were rather simple creatures after all, as he's seen through the past ten years of being brought back from the dead as it were. Still, it interests him and curls the corners of his lips, even if he doesn't push further on the topic.

He's not that nosy of a person.

But they move on, as North is more interested now in what kind of work she'd be able to do for him in the Lone Light Squad. Someone that will be self sufficient, hopefully — it was no secret North was rather lazy when it came to paperwork; ironic, considering he was also head of operations.

His gaze never leaves Delilah's as she swiftly provides answers to his questions, acknowledging the fact she had a decade's worth of experience under her belt dealing with Infected. that was always good news for any officer that would have to travel outside Stronghold's safety. It would be such a shame to send her out on a mission to Eclipse, only for her to wind up dead and eaten within a week. The woman continues on, mentioning that she's seen all types of Infected: new, old, a child... North's brow raises, as a grin quirks his lips, a question teasing the tip of his tongue.

“What about Level V?” There's a sort of cool silence that follows his question, his eyes keenly trained to her, curious for a reaction. While a good portion of the Military knew about Level V's, not all of them ever experienced facing one head on. It made sense — most Level V's were too smart to expose themselves.

“There is the possibility that your work in this squad will bring you face to face with those Infected that have returned to the brink of humanity. Would you know how to pick them out from a crowd?” Almost a veiled hint in his words. Not that he expects any human to guess at his true identity, but—
TAG Delilah Odell

Posted 10-28-2021, 09:55 PM
Thread Closed