Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    IC Archives    2021 Threads    Private A wonderful life

Private  A wonderful life    North
Pages (2): 1 2 Next   Thread Closed
Played by    32 Posts Asena Noir
" Why am I even here?", Asena groaned under her breath as she stepped in front of the night club glancing back at her client who was a little overly happy to have her there with him. A babysitter, that's what she felt like, a glorified babysitter for dumb fucks like this who can't even protect themselves. She hated it, and she hated this man more than just about any other client that she's had. He was touchy-feely, giving her pet names, demeaning her with his words, she would have loved to put a bullet right in his leg but unfortunately, she was one bad mark away from disciplinary action and she was having none of that, grin and bear it, that was the name of the game. "Out of my way sweetheart, let's get inside so I can show you off.", she practically wretched at the words, she was a trained soldier trying to keep him from getting killed but would it be so much of a loss?

If her eyes were able they would have already rolled right out of her head as she trailed closely behind him, dressed in a pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt, a concealed firearm at her hip, she blended in fairly well with the crowd away from her permanent scowl. There were too many people, too many potential dangers, and honestly, she didn't enjoy the environment at all not to mention she was stuck with this pig of a man. She couldn't help but wonder what would happen if someone just took him out, sure she would look bad for a bit but maybe she could be reassigned to someone less...him. A subtle sigh left her lips as she began making her way through the crowd closing in the space between them bumping into people along the way.

By the time she reached his side he already had a drink in his hand, laughing boisterously with the people he believed to be his friends. They weren't. Just when she thought her night couldn't get any worse he grabbed her up by the wrist and pulled Asena into him with a loud laugh, it would be a mistake she was sure he wouldn't repeat. The moment her body made contact with his her elbow almost instantly made contact with his stomach, doubling him over before she crouched down to make eye contact with him. " You stupid bitch! Wait till I tell your higher-ups about this!", his voice was strained but certainly earned a laugh from her. " Do it. Go call them right now~", she said in a sing-song voice obviously not sorry for her actions, he shrank back away from her but as soon as he straightened his posture she was right in his face as close as her height would allow (which wasn't much) " Listen here you dumb piece of shit. I am here to protect you, if you want some little toy to mess around with you have the WRONG ONE.", she growled before giving him a rough shove and putting some space between them.

Not another word was spoken as she walked off, staying close enough to him to be there in a flash but far enough away that she wouldn't end up being the one to beat his ass. She took a deep breath and plopped herself down at an empty table, her eyes fixed on her client still steaming from their encounter.
Posted 04-11-2021, 11:05 AM This post was last modified: 04-11-2021, 05:25 PM by Asena Noir
Played by Silhouette    152 Posts North Sigurd
TAG Asena Noir
NOTES N/A

The man watches them as they enter the establishment — silent, predatory, he does not immediately make his presence known. He chooses instead to stay in the dimly lit corner of the club that he had claimed as his own, blue eyes flashing in the darkened light of the room. A lone finger absentmindedly drew circles around the top of the cocktail glass in front of him, the liquid already half gone; it was a pity alcohol didn't have much of an effect on him anymore, but he still sometimes partook in what used to be a favourite pastime of his in a... Different life, so to speak. North observes the behaviour between the two of them — client and Military dog, no doubt hired to protect the slovenly man that could barely resist placing his hands all over her.

Even North sneered at the sight — he had class, even if much of his actions were controlled by a bestial hunger. But he did not interject, not yet at least. Besides, the Military officer doesn't hold back in showing who was really the boss between the two of them, and it forces a grin onto North's face for a split second before it disappears entirely, as if it had never been there to begin with. Perhaps someone that cared more about the propriety of of the Military would have been shocked and ashamed at the sight, but the Infected didn't care about such things. The Military was an organization that stomped on all that oppressed them; why should the slovenly rich be any different?

North waits until the duo separate, and then he finally emerges from his dark corner. Like a wraith in the night he slips through the crowd with a fluidity that hardly seemed human, a creature that appeared to wear the very darkness as an elegant cloak. He leaves his glass behind — a waitress would see him empty handed in no time and be quick to refill his drink. He was a regular patron of the club, and being a higher ranking officer in the limelight, many wanted to keep him appeased for... Safety's sake.

“Evening, Officer. Rough night?” he purrs as he approaches the woman; although her name does not immediately call for attention in his head, he does at least recognize her from the Military compound. “May I join you?” he questions with a flourish in the direction of a seat in front of her. What kind of a gentleman would he be if he did not first ask for an invitation? Of course he could simply just take what he wanted with no consequence, but, well, where would the fun be in that?

Posted 04-11-2021, 11:46 PM This post was last modified: 04-15-2021, 02:08 PM by North Sigurd
Her vision was fixed on her idiot off in the distance still fuming over her transgressions against him. She was sure she would be in trouble in the morning when word reached headquarters but whatever punishment she got from it would have been totally worth it in her eyes. Hell, she was already thinking about doing it again just for the giggles but she wasn't dumb enough to keep pushing her luck. She was riled up now, her attitude at an all-time high when she heard someone addressing her though her eyes never left her client. Not yet.

" It wouldn't be so rough if people would just learn to leave me be.", her words were sickly sweet but as sharp as a knife, meant as a warning. She didn't even give him the time of day to look at him, not yet. She wasn't opposed to people talking to her, hell it made the night go by faster, but she was already in a foul mood and at that point, all she wanted was for all of this to be over. When his voice hit her ears once again asking to sit with her she snapped, her eyes landing on him and all the words she had built up pouring out without any regard to who he was. " Listen, I have neither the time nor the willpower to deal with another idiot toni--oh shit.", it wasn't until the very end that it finally hit her as to who he was, her face going pale. That twisted feeling in her stomach wasn't going away but she obviously didn't look too sorry for what she had said nor did an apology ever leave her lips.

" I didn't think he had enough backbone to actually call in on me.", she muttered to herself before regaining her composure and sitting up a bit more in her seat. " Sure have a seat. ", she said almost reluctantly so before continuing on. " I'm just going to go ahead and say that he had it coming. If he would learn some discipline and keep his nasty hands to himself I never would have hit him.", her tone was very sorry, not sorry as her eyes settled upon him.
Posted 04-12-2021, 09:35 AM
TAG Asena Noir
NOTES N/A

North remained where he was, even though Asena did not yet decide to give him the time of day. Interesting. He didn't say anything — didn't cut her off to announce who he really was, or slap her across the wrist for the way she was treating a high ranking officer. Not like some officers he knew would have. No, he merely held his tongue, head tilted to the side inquisitively as he listened to her rant about the man she was currently guarding. Much as she didn't deign the respect to look at him, nor did he look at the man she was talking about; the client was of little consequence to him.

Finally she looks at him, even as her tongue lashing continues. The insult bounces harmless off his cold exterior, and he merely tilts his head with a grin as they finally make eye contact and she realizes who she was talking with. He hears what she mutters to herself — of course he does, he can hear her heartbeat — but while he doesn't understand what she meant, he doesn't care to question it either. Only once she finally gives him a moment of her time and invites him to join her in the booth, does he finally sit down opposite her. He can be a demanding presence when he chooses to be, but for the time being he simply slouches back against the booth, one arm lounging lazily along the top as he keeps his gaze on her face.

Their eyes meet, and he offers her another grin — it lacks warmth.

“You know, any other Major would have you dragged out and punished here and now for the way you spoke to me just now.” It's a threat, a very obvious one. But he doesn't follow up on it. “You're lucky I'm in a much better mood than you are,” he laughs with another grin, a dismissive flourish of his hand to push away any negative connotation to his words.

“I don't care about the man,” he continues, moving on before she has a chance to react to his words. He has no intention of punishing her in any way, so long as it isn't a repeat offense. “The rich are of little consequence to me. They stuff their faces and remain ignorant about social boundaries because they were never disciplined properly as children.” It's ironic perhaps, in the way he speaks about people he now lived amongst. Being a higher ranking officer in the governing faction meant he often rubbed shoulders with the rich and famous... But they didn't matter to him. No one did. The only worth a human had, in his eyes, was the blood running through their veins.

His eyes drop for a mere second as he takes in her neck before he looks away to catch the eye of a nearby waitress, ordering another vodka to replace the one he had left at his other booth.

Posted 04-15-2021, 07:12 PM
Her heart was racing in her chest at this point knowing that she had messed up, her face was flushed red in embarrassment and her head ducked down ever so slightly like a scolded child. His threat, empty or otherwise, cut deep as she hated disappointing those in higher ranks than her own. How would this reflect on her? It was obvious she regretted what she had done but more so because she was caught and not so much at the action itself. Her body as tense as it was relaxed at his next words, his laugh was enough to put her at ease and the breath she was holding was finally released. " I'm sorry if I had realized it was you I wouldn't have gone off like that.", while it didn't sound genuine it was the best she could muster up still a little shaken that she had even allowed that to happen in the first place.

A wave of relief washed over her at his words, he didn't care and even better he shared the same views on the rich as she did. It was so odd to hear someone in his position really say anything against them but he did and she was absolutely there for it. " You aren't wrong but then again it must be so nice for them to be in a world like this totally unaware of anything. That one wouldn't last one day in the slums I crawled out of.", she motioned nonchalantly towards her idiot. " It would make for good entertainment to see him struggle though. If nothing else the look of total disgust when he sees how gross it is would be one hundred percent worth it.", a small almost genuine smile etched across her lips as she imagined it before snapping back to reality. " So then Major, if you aren't here for me I assume you're just enjoying some leisure time then?

She broke her gaze away from North for only a moment to look back at her client taking in his surroundings and staying as vigilant as always before letting her eyes settle on the Major once again. " I have to admit it's kind of weird seeing someone like you in a setting like this though...I guess I always picture you guys locked up in your offices in your downtime.", She had been in the military since she was old enough, and never had she ever ran into a higher-up during their time off it was like seeing a unicorn in the middle of a park to her.
Posted 04-20-2021, 11:45 AM
TAG Asena Noir
NOTES N/A

“Indeed.” North often forgot just how sheltered these rich little lambs were. But as mandated by the Military, they were required to put on a happy face, to tell them nothing was wrong outside their walls; tell them they had nothing to fear so long as they followed the Military's orders. It was a comfortable life for them indeed, but how many of them would quickly break should they be thrown to the wolves that occupied the lower slums? It was an... Exciting thought, but not one the monster would ever get to act upon. He turns his gaze upon the man Asena had been forced into watching that night.

Soft, baby hands and face. Fat that would be non-existent upon the diet of rations provided to the poor. He was indeed someone that would quickly become dinner for someone else, Infected or otherwise. His gaze turns back to Asena and he matches her soft smile with one of his own, although his has a little more edge to it.

Their attention swings away from the man to him instead, and a soft chuckle leaves his lips at her initial words. Indeed, it was probably strange for a subordinate to not only see him outside of the Military Compound, but dressed in regular civilian clothing as well. It wasn't often that people in the Military can see each other outside of their uniform. The waitress arrives as Asena is still talking, and he thanks her with a flirtatious smile before she walks away and he turns his attention back to his company.

“Do you imagine us to just be robots then, slaving away at our desks without rest?” he questions her with a laugh, taking a drink of his vodka and enjoying the alcoholic burn as it runs down his throat. “I'm curious what you imagine 'someone like me' doing,” he muses, putting emphasis on the words that could have been taken as a sly insult, “but I'm only human, and I need time to wind down also.” He wants to laugh as the words come out of his mouth, but he keeps the amusement at bay. He was the furthest thing from human at that time, but drinking and hanging out socially in a bar was a great way of pretending to be one again.

“Besides, this place serves the best vodka,” he continues as he draws a lone finger along the top of his glass. “What's your poison of choice, Officer?”

Posted 04-27-2021, 03:50 PM
" You mean you aren't a robot? Interesting. So I guess that means the higher-ups really are aliens like we suspected then.", she teased him sticking her tongue out at him for only a second before relaxing in her seat. Things were actually moving along smoothly tonight and she couldn't have been more thankful for that. His words caused her to really stare him down a small smirk coming to her own lips as she replied. " I don't know something boring maybe? Checkers, thumb-twiddling, book organizing, Male modeling, standing on top of headquarters looking down at the city with a disapproving scowl?", all great options for him to do that didn't include clubs or drinking. She shrugged her shoulders before speaking once again, " I guess robots need social interactions too though."

" My name is Asena, no need for you to call me officer when you're off duty.", she stated simply before giving his question a little thought. She couldn't exactly tell him that the best liquor you could get was the confiscated kind, homemade and meant to take out a horse, the higher the proof the better. " A nice proof of whisky I guess, something that really makes you regret your decision." Asena could drink with the best of them but her tolerance was lower than she leads on, usually finding herself drunk before she has the good sense to stop. Thank god for good friends who have collected her up off the ground and carried her someplace safe to sleep it off. " I have to be supervised when I drink though or I go full dumbass.", Honestly it was probably the only time she was openly nice to people.

Just as Asena found herself relaxing in the presence of the Major her gut began to twist, something wasn't right. Her sight broke away from North and ventured back to her client, nothing out of the ordinary just yet but she felt like something was coming. " Ever get one of those gut feelings? Like something really bad is fixing to happen but you aren't exactly sure what or when?", she asked tensing up once again something didn't feel right but what? " It's probably nothing.", she was horrible about writing off her gut feelings but maybe she would get lucky this time.
Posted 04-30-2021, 09:26 PM
TAG Asena Noir
NOTES N/A

A robot? An alien? He laughs at the suggestions, a huff of a chuckle that makes a small smile appear on his lips. Well, he wasn't either of those, but he also wasn't quite human either. He wonders briefly what Asena would think if she knew that he really was something else — something that they had grown up learning was the enemy. He hums in amusement at her next few words, the idea of him modeling for the lecherous rich of the Inner Citadel an amusing thought. Perhaps it was something he would agree to take on — if the payment wasn't just money.

“Indeed. There are certain social interactions I can't exactly get by being on my own,” he muses with a smirk, using that moment to take a sip of his glass. Whether or not she understood the insinuation of his words would depend on how much gossip she actually listened to, but it didn't matter regardless. Blue eyes slither away from Asena to take in the patrons of the bar, most notably the ones that were the same as him — there for a little bit of fun. It was the main reason he was there: come for a drink, leave with a meal and a good time... And a drink. Heh, funny how that worked out.

He grins as she informs him he didn't need to call her by her Military title as long as they were off-duty. She didn't need to know why he did such things, but he makes a mental note anyway.

“Well, Asena,” he tests out her name on his tongue, and decides he likes it there, “much as I would enjoy seeing you go 'full dumbass', I will be certain to hold you back should you wish to indulge in a little something yourself.” Scandalous, maybe, to suggest she drink while on duty. But what did he care? He was around anyway, even if she were to drink a little past her own weight in alcohol. That was the good thing about being Infected: no more black out drinking. Unfortunately it did also mean he had to drink more than normal to get even a semblance of a buzz in his veins.

The woman suddenly appears to tense up, eyes darting back to the man still slouched at the bar and — oh, good, now he was starting to grope a waitress. How lovely of him. At least North had some semblance of class.

North takes another sip of his vodka as Asena suddenly starts to talk about having a gut feeling... And he honestly couldn't say that he had such feelings anymore. It was such a human emotion to expect danger around every corner. North was an apex predator now, and he didn't need to go slinking around expecting an attack at any second.

“Can't say I do,” he replies, “but I've also heard a woman's intuition is nothing to scoff at.” He doesn't push it any further, but he's curious what it was exactly that was bringing on such a line of questions.

Posted 05-08-2021, 12:08 AM
What could he possibly not do on his own?...Oh. A quick flash of pink came to her cheeks when it hit her what he meant, why that embarrassed her so much she wasn't sure but it wasn't exactly something she thought about often. " So out of all the places you could go and pick someone up you picked this hole? Come on now.", she looked away trying to get the heat to leave her cheeks. The people here didn't look that great, at least not to her but that didn't mean they weren't all in his tastes.

This was starting to feel like a trap, she narrowed her eyes at him and his suggestion to drink while she was on the job. Sure he would hold her back alright, hold her back all the way to whatever military prison they had for doing such a stupid thing. " I think I'm good for now.", that felt like the right answer. Right? She was starting to overthink but looked back at a clock on the wall to check the time. " My replacement will be here soon anyway, then I'll get something.", something strong enough to take out a horse with the way this day has been going.

Of course shit was going to hit the fan so close to the end of her shift, why wouldn't it? It was just a matter of waiting for the next idiot that signed up for this job to come take her place " It must be nice to sit in an office doing paperwork for so long that you don't get gut feelings anymore.", it was a jab said in the moment, something that she meant to think but it just slipped out of her lips instead. There was no attempt at an apology as she stayed hyper-vigilant of her surroundings looking back at the door every now and then half expecting someone to burst in.

And then it happened, yells, screams, furniture being knocked over, her client nearly getting gutted by his knife-wielding assailant but falling backward just in time. In an instant Asena was on her feet moving to put herself between the attacker and her client, getting her side cut deep in the process, a small yelp of pain leaving her before she would draw her gun and aim it at his head. " Drop your weapon now! There won't be a second chance!", Her voice was firm and her hands steady despite the pain in her side, her entire attention was on this dickhead and his little knife. It didn't help that half of the people remaining in the club were treating this as a cheap fight club, circling around them like the cultured pieces of shit they were instead of helping get the situation under control.

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 05-09-2021, 04:13 PM
TAG Asena Noir
NOTES N/A

So she understood the hidden meaning behind his words after all. Interesting. With how serious she acted all the time, the man had just assumed she wouldn't have any idea what he was talking about. But even if her words didn't betray her, her cheeks certainly do, flushing red from embarrassment. He grins at the reaction, a soft chuckle leaving his lips to accompany his obvious amusement. He lifts a brow questioningly as she comments on not believing that he would choose this place out of many to pick someone up. He follows her gaze out to the sea of people in the club.

“I like variety,” he murmurs, about to leave it there before he decides to push it a little further, “besides, people here are often willing to do what the snooty, upper crust aren't.” It's obvious what he means, and when his gaze returns to Asena's, it's dark with intent.

He chuckles at her refusal to drink. To him, it hadn't been a trap — he drank all the time while on duty, sometimes the alcoholic kind. But then again, such things didn't affect his body the same way they did when he was human, and now it felt more like a habit than anything else. She comments next on him not having gut feelings anymore, and the jab is unexpected from her. Not that it bothers the man any of course, but it does bring out a laugh at the idea of doing paperwork being nice.

“I wouldn't consider doing paperwork being any sort of benefit. I'd much rather be back on the street, amongst people...” Amongst food. He missed easily picking off prey, even while on duty, but things were much more complicated now. It wasn't o easy to just leave the Inner Citadel for a bite to eat when he felt like it. Being stuck in the Military Compound only intensified his cravings, considering the whole place smelled of human and blood.

That's when shit decides to hit the fan.

Screams and chaos ensue as the man Asena had been tasked with is suddenly attacked, the knife the attacker had flashing in the dimly lit atmosphere of the club. Asena reacts instantaneously like any good solider would, leaping to the defense of her client, even at the cost of being sliced.

North doesn't move. He watches — he spectates.

There's a sort of hunger in his gaze, but it disappears quickly once he finally pushes himself to his feet. The crowd in the club are too nosy and distracted by the fight to notice anything that was going on around them — plush little rich fools, they were practically getting off on the violence, being that it was something different from their usual routine. It makes North sneer in disgust, but he's quick to approach Asena and the offender. Too quick. No one notices the speed at which he approaches the duo, slipping from the shadows as calmly and quickly as though he had been there all along.

The man has a gun pointed at his head and yet he's still brave enough — stupid enough? — to try and take another stab at Asena. But North's there now, reaching out with a hand to grab the man's wrist.

The crack is audible, intense, and he screams as the Infected twists his wrist back enough to snap the bone, the knife pathetically falling from his grasp and banging across the ground. But North doesn't let his guard down, his intense gaze immediately turning towards Asena.

“There could be more of them. Take him—” he waves dismissively in the direction of Asena's client, cowering on the ground, “and get him somewhere safe.” He figured he could deal with the rest of them alone.

Posted 05-15-2021, 11:32 PM

Asenas eyes stayed fixed on her attacker, ready to shoot him in the head should he try to go after her or her client again. Surely he wasn't that stupid...oh wait he was. He lunged forward as if to try and stab her again but before she could react North had appeared seemingly out of nowhere and grabbed him by the wrist. Her eyes moved from the man back to North registering him as a potential threat for only a second before she calmed enough to realize otherwise.

This was it, this was what she wanted, what she loved, the thrill of a good fight, excitement, something other than the petty squabbles she was doomed to endure until reassignment. The sound of the man's wrist cracking under the Majors grip brought a smile to her face, she wasn't bothered by any of this at all, her mind consumed with her next move so much so that the pain in her side seemed to disappear momentarily. Adrenaline flowed through her veins watching the knife fall from the man's hand she was more than ready to put a bullet in him when she was told to get her dumbass client to safety. A visible pout formed on her lips her eyes begging to stay though she knew he was right. " Yes sir.", the reluctance in her words was real.

Her client had pushed himself from the floor and soon enough found himself being shoved towards the exit. It didn't seem as if any of the chaos had followed them outside but she knew she had to go back to help, she couldn't just leave North inside to fend for himself. She was ready to shove this asshat in a dumpster and go help when her replacement showed up, their eyes going to her side but before they could even get a question out she shoved the older man towards them. " Take him home NOW", she snapped before taking off back into the club.

She returned to the scene that same excitement still running through her hoping for total chaos, it was written all over her face. While most everyone was staying back out of the way there was a one closing the gap between him and North, threatening him with nothing but their fists. How stupid. She could have laughed but she didn't waste her time, instead, she would aim carefully and shoot him straight in the leg toppling him to the ground like a sack of rocks.

She looked to North with genuine concern trying to find any signs of wounds on his body, her heart pounding in her chest trying to come down from all of this. " Are you ok? Did they hurt you? Do you need me to call medical?" No one else in the room mattered right then, only North. " I think paperwork sounds a little better to me right about now.", she teased her hand finally moving to her side when the pain starts to set back in, a seethe leaving her lips when her fingers brushed over it. " You might have to go to a different club to pick a date up at next time...pretty sure you scared all these people with that neat little wrist trick."

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 05-22-2021, 03:58 PM This post was last modified: 05-22-2021, 03:59 PM by Asena Noir
TAG Asena Noir
NOTES N/A

Asena immediately listens to his command — such a good little Military officer she was — and North watches her take her client and leave before he turns his gaze back to the man cowering on the ground in front of him. There's a crowd spectating what was going on, but they're nothing more that flies buzzing around him. Instead his attention is on the quickened heartbeat of the would-be assailant, the flow of blood rushing through his veins that calls to the thirsty monster. It momentarily captivates North, and it isn't until a gunshot rings through the air that he snaps back to reality.

His blue eyes twist to take in Asena as she marches back to the scene of the crime, a gun pointed in his direction with smoke drifting lazily from the muzzle. It wasn't him she was aiming at though — he glances down at the pathetic coward rolling on the floor, screaming bloody murder at the gunshot wound in his leg. North still holds the original man's wrist in his hand, but he can tell the fight has been all but drained out of the human.

His gaze turns back to Asena as she questions if he was hurt, if she needed to call medical, and he lets out a genuine laugh as he looks back down towards her own wound from the knife.

Her bloody, bleeding wound.

“Never mind me, I think we should be calling medical for you,” he replies, letting go of the man's wrist and earning himself a groan from the human. “You're hurt, you should sit down. I think that was the last of them. Let me call for back up and then we'll get you patched up,” he continues, waving her in the direction of a nearby table — his predatory gaze lingering just a little longer than necessary on her wound.

“Don't worry, this isn't my only hunting grounds,” he grins in response to her cheeky comment — a darker meaning entwined with his words. He chooses to ignore the comment about how he had so easily broken the man's wrist, choosing instead to turn away from his fellow officer for a moment to use his communication device to request back up and medical aid. The customers in the club had begun to disperse now, knowing better than to get in the middle of Military work, fearing they may be the next ones shot.

Posted 05-29-2021, 03:52 PM
She holstered her gun and looked back at the screaming man on the floor with a scowl, it was his own fault for jumping into a fight that wasn't his. She couldn't understand why he was screaming in the first place, it wasn't THAT bad. " Shut the hell up as soon as they cut your leg off you will be doing just fine, take it as a lesson about being a dumbass.", surprisingly enough her tone was almost motherly as she nagged him getting cussed out the entire time by that pitiful man.

His laugh caught her off guard, her scowl turning to him momentarily before a flash of panic replaced it at the mention of medical being called in. " No sense in calling them for a flesh wound they those two don't deserve being fixed.", her heart was pounding she didn't want those psychos near her always looking to poke her, prod someone, torture them, harvest their organs, her eyes got wide from her thoughts alone. Freaks, every single one of them.

While she normally had a very high pain tolerance that seemed to drop a million percent while in the presence of doctors, nurses, medics, kids with toy doctor kids coming at her with plastic shots, it didn't matter she was a wuss. She reluctantly walked over to the table but she didn't sit down, instead, she fidgeted the entire time, eyeing the door ready to make a run for it. She was technically off duty after all now that her client had been handed off. " No sense in calling them anyways~ They probably won't show up, not after last time.", She was the talk of the compound for days after she bit a few medics charged with 'patching her up', she may or may not have gone totally Ferrel for just a few minutes...or thirty.

Before long she was back behind the bar digging around for things to take care of her wound, what she found was a bottle of vodka and a somewhat clean rag. She popped open the bottle and took a long drink, her face twisting at the taste before lifting her shirt up and dousing her wound with it, seething in pain as soon as it made contact then smacking the rag on it holding it tight.

" Maybe start going to places where people have a little more sense." By this point she was pretty convinced he was an alien, he was way to handsome for the stronghold, using words like hunting ground, snapping someone's wrist without much effort. Alien. It was the only thing that made sense, he couldn't have been infected, he was far to composed for that.

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 06-07-2021, 11:11 AM This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 11:12 AM by Asena Noir
TAG Asena Noir
NOTES N/A

He immediately catches the change in the rhythm of her heart — of course he does. It's an Infected's specialty, to listen for the beating hearts of humans: the call for them to feed. So when Asena's heart suddenly begins to pick up pace, it's something the Major notices, even if it's not immediately apparent what the reason for it is. Blue eyes lift and scan the room, curious if it was because the officer had seen another assailant approach them, but that didn't seem to be the case. The two Military officers were currently being given a wide berth, even if a couple curious onlookers still mingled around, their eyes trained to the men whimpering on the ground.

Even as Asena practically begged him not to call medical, it was required by protocol, and so North did it anyway. Once finished, her watches her as she wanders over to the table he had urged her to sit down at, but curiously enough she doesn't actually sit. Instead she continues to stand — fidgeting, eyes wide like a deer in headlights, her heart still beating frantically in her chest as if it wants to jump out. It doesn't help that the quickened heartbeat aggravates her still-bleeding wound, and North forces his head away as he struggles to contain the fangs that itch to descend from his gums.

“You know it's protocol to call in medical support, regardless of whether they actually come or not,” North finally muses in response, turning his attention back to the woman as she suddenly invites herself behind the bar, looking for something to fix herself up. “And here I thought you were too good to drink while on duty,” North smirks as Asena finds what she was looking for and first takes a sip — even though she had turned down his offer for a drink just a few minutes earlier. Her shirt is lifted to douse the wound in alcohol and once again the Major's eyes wander, playing up the act of having to keep his attention on the two criminals.

In reality, he wanted nothing more than to sink his fangs into her pliable flesh.

He laughs at her comment about finding a new place to go, and he muses in a low tone, “Oh, I don't know. Sometimes a lack of sense makes things more interesting.” There's a darker meaning to his words, but with his face turned away from her, there was no way for Asena to see the sharp glint of a predator in his expression.

Posted 06-22-2021, 01:43 PM
This entire day had been nothing but total trash from start to finish beginning with her trash client and ending in this trash club. What did she have to show for this monumental example of stupidity and wasted time? An eventual scar, a nice bottle of Vodka, and a massive headache. She was ready to go home and pass out on her couch, if she was lucky maybe this would be the wound to take her out, otherwise, she would have to report back to work the very next day with the very same dickhead that landed her in this mess in the first place.

She knew the damn protocol that didn't mean they had to be by the book now! It was all said and done, the two injured civilians didn't deserve medical attention and she had no desire for it whatsoever. " You and I both know that protocol is total shit, especially in situations like this!", she barked out at him in a pathetic final attempt to get him to call the dogs off. The last thing Asena wanted after getting sliced open was some baby-faced child with a medical degree off the bottom of a military-issued boot coming to her attempting to play doctor. What was stopping them from finishing the job and gutting her? NOTHING, that's what. She could handle her own wound in a quarter of the time and half the effort.

Asena pressed the bar rag to her wound as tightly as she could manage while attempting to get her bleeding under control, a quick almost sarcastic laugh leaving her lips at his words. " Please, what officer in their right mind would drink on the job with an off-duty superior? If that doesn't scream trap I don't know what does.", she paused to take a look at her wound before replacing the rag once again and bringing the bottle to her lips to take yet another drink. " Besides I think I've earned a sip or two or ten."

His attention went back to the two civilians prompting her to look towards them as well, did he think they were going to go somewhere? Maybe he knew something she didn't. Before long she grabbed up her bottle of Vodka and made her way over to him, standing next to him staring at the two idiots on the floor before looking up at him. " I really don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon.", she was totally unaware of who the real danger was in the room but ignorance was bliss and she was all about that life. " If you hurry you might be able to make it to one of those senseless clubs for a little fun before the nights over. I'm going to head out to lick my wounds I guess, medical can have these guys if they show up, let them do some actual work and figure out what to do with them."

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 07-04-2021, 09:37 PM This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 09:39 PM by Asena Noir
Pages (2): 1 2 Next   Thread Closed