Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    Quarantine Zone    Stronghold    Commercial District    The Crossroads    Private Secrets That Set Them Apart

Private  Secrets That Set Them Apart    Tag: Eve Lovell
Played by Silhouette    152 Posts North Sigurd
TAG Eve Lovell
NOTES N/A

He loathes this part of Stronghold.

In truth, it isn't as bad as the city slums he often has to scour looking for a bite to eat, but that didn't make it any better just because it was fancier on the outside. But he knew all too well the darker secrets of the commercial business, namely the patchwork building known as the Crossroads. He knew of the darker things that lurked beneath the surface: the smell of fear, desperation, and death. It wasn't something that particularly unnerved the Infected in any way, but it was certainly not something he chose to spend his idle time in if he could help it. He was simply there on a mission today.

His lip curls in disgust at the sight of the Infected kept in cages at the back of the Spades' gang headquarters, howling their heads off as they demand fresh blood to feast on. They're nothing more than mindless creatures that deserve no sympathy — even if they were closer in kin to him than the human gang member currently leading him to the back — but North does not think of such things. His job as a Military officer is to kill such things, and even if he has no desire to do it, there's still a subconscious itch to take care of them and put them out of their misery.

"She will meet you in here, Mr. Sigurd," the human informs him suddenly, and North stops as he gazes into the room he was taken to. It's rather well-decorated compared to the rest of the place he had just walked through, with several couches available for guest seating. He murmurs a thank you before entering the room, the door closing behind him. While he normally would have flirted with the human and used his charms to get himself a little extra something, he was there for business and nothing more.

North takes a moment to admire the decoration in the room before he finally sits himself down on one of the couches, arms splayed along the back in a casual position. His blue eyes trained themselves to the door, waiting for the woman he had come to the Crossroads to visit.

Posted 08-02-2021, 08:08 PM
Played by potatochips    35 Posts Eve Lovell
Although Eve greatly liked the perks afforded to her by her hard-earned position, there were still days when she didn't feel like being bothered by her duties as a leader.Today was one of those days.

She already saw to the deliveries of their candies today and thought of playing hooky whilst no inspiration for a new designer drug bothered her yet. Leisurely lounging on the rooftop trying to get a tan in her new two piece, she was leisurely sprawled over the newly upholstered divan that one of her pets found for her, when Marshmallow gently reminded her that she was expected in a meeting.

Thus, it was with a long pout that Eve draped over herself a long silken cloth, arranged it over the curves of her body so that she would at least appear modest, put on a hose and then slipped into her heels. Had she her way, Eve would've told this insect to come again some other day but knowing that turning away business would displease King, dissuaded her from it.

Throwing the double doors open, she strutted towards the chaise lounge in the center of the room and reclined upon it, stretching her lithe body over it like she had no guest waiting upon her. With a graceful flick of her wrist, Eve tossed her dark hair over her shoulder and like an eager lapdog, Marshmallow poured for her a flute of champagne.

She sipped on her drink languidly as she eyed the stranger before her with dissatisfaction. However, after her thirst was quenched and the glass was put down, a saccharine smile brightened up her features. "How may I be of service, Mr. Sigurd?"

Tag North Sigurd

Posted 08-02-2021, 09:18 PM
TAG Eve Lovell
NOTES N/A

He waits for a moment of time — and while it is rather quick before he hears the clicking of someone walking down the hall, time still seems to drag on. Perhaps it was because he was simply waiting for someone he'd never seen before, his senses on fire as he stays alert in enemy territory. Well, enemy was perhaps pushing it a little far — the Jabberwockies were not allies to the Military, but North's loyalty to the organization was razor thin to begin with. Which meant he didn't have much beef with the gangs besides what he pretended to have as Major. But the gang didn't know that, and even though he wasn't obviously dressed as Military now, he didn't know what they had on him. Thus, the Infected remained on high alert.

He hears the woman long before she finally reaches the doors, throwing them open with very little grace as she storms into the room and plops down on a chaise lounge in front of him. There's no greeting, no introductions — North merely stays silent, watching as some lost puppy runs after the woman in order to fill her with alcohol. He grins — ah, his kind of woman. North was often found drowning himself in vodka, so of course he appreciated someone else that didn't want to get business started until their glass was full.

North is content to wait, and he makes it obvious by the way he lounges back in his own chair and simply watches. A predatory gaze, softened somewhat by his lack of hunger. Eventually the woman turns her attention to him and grins, and he matches her with a grin of his own — twisted, slightly, and much less friendly. Perhaps it was simply less sincere than hers.

“Quite an entrance you make, Ms. Lovell,” he mentions in an amused tone, using the name that had been supplied to him. “Although I must say, I'm almost offended your little friend here hasn't offered me a glass as well,” he muses in a soft purr, though there's a dangerous edge to his comment as his eyes momentarily fixate on the human that had followed Eve.

“No matter. I am not here to drink,” he continues, flicking his gaze back to the woman draped over her chair. “I've heard many things about you — some good, some bad — and thought I'd pay you a visit myself and see what's truth and what's rumour.” He's blunt, choosing not to hide the true intention of his visit today. But sometimes being honest was what got the best response from strangers, and his gaze matches hers as he tilts his head slightly with a curious grin on his face.

Posted 08-08-2021, 08:40 PM

She didn't like the way he sat. Laidback and as if he had all the time in the world. She was annoyed by it due to two reasons: one, she didn't like her leisure time interrupted, and two, the stance gave off an eerily familiar vibe, one which spoke of lurking danger. And if there was anything that could rile up Eve the fastest, it was seemingly being threatened when she could've had been someplace else -- preferably safer.

She also didn't like that he knew her name. As much as possible, the young woman made sure only a handful knew of her full name. From a perspective, there was hardly any harm with another knowing one's name but for Eve, such an intimate detail could very well be her fall.

She worked her way from the Farm to the streets, into the sewers of the Spades gang, and up their hierarchy ladder through grit and a lot of sacrifices -- mostly not her own. She had stepped on countless souls to get to where she was and thus, such a piece of information about herself, in the wrong hands, could very well be used against her. Especially when Eve had been daylighting as a socialite. Or was at least trying to. More than anything else, she wanted to put behind her the years she spent being a Nobody.

"I strive to be always impressive in everything~" she nodded slightly, acknowledging her grand entrance and feeling no remorse for it. "Oh, my pets are just single-mindedly resolute to always see to my sole comfort..." Eve smirked and shrugged her shoulder, not seeing any need to apologize nor pander to the other man despite the danger he seemingly presented.

Her viridian eyes then narrowed slightly as she watched and listened to him speak. She knew someday, somehow, her works would garner someone's attention. It had been what drawn Atlas to notice her and give her the Jack position. It was likely the same which this man was curious about. However, in spite of the threats seemingly veiled in interest, Eve chose not to cave in.

In her short life, she knew that no one person could survive having two masters, and seeing that Atlas already claimed that, she was resolved never to pander to anyone else. Unless said someone proved to her that they were more powerful than the crazy chalk man in the sewers.

"I have to say, I am flattered by your interest, Mr. Sigurd. It also makes me wonder about which rumors you've heard?" she quirked her brow at the other.

Tag North Sigurd

Posted 08-11-2021, 02:00 PM This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 02:00 PM by Eve Lovell
TAG Eve Lovell
NOTES N/A

He doesn't notice her immediate annoyance with the way in which he presents himself — or if he did, he pays it no mind. The man, after all, was used to having control of every situation he got himself into. While often seen as nothing more than a sex hound, he was in fact far more devious than many gave him credit for. It was something one needed to do to ensure they always remained at the top of the wolfpack, and as far as North was concerned, no human was about to topple him from that.

Still, he keeps his eyes trained to the woman lounging in front of him. There was a sharpness to his gaze, like he was studying her every move, even if his body portrayed that of someone completely relaxed about the situation. He grins as she takes his compliment and adds it to her pedestal, confirming that her 'pets' only desired to add to her comfort and no one else's.

“Indeed. With my pets of my own, I can understand their sole desire to serve their master,” he muses with a grin, pausing for a moment before his lips spread into something much more wolfish in appearance and he concludes: “but even then I do like to occasionally share them.” There's a bit to his words, almost as if reprimanding her for not taking better care of her guest — almost. It's not like the Major typically went out of his way looking to be waited on hand and foot by some lowly Jabberwockies.

The conversation shifts, Eve questioning what rumours exactly it was that he'd heard about her. Oh my, did she truly want to know? How she was being made out to be a monster, rather than the lady she is?

“Let's just say I've heard you don't really like to play nice with others,” he begins to speak, deciding to hold his tongue on the less grisly details. Not really for her sake, though. “You see, Ms. Lovell, I do like to play a good game myself, so I thought I'd come on down here and see this mastermind for myself.” Do you care to play a game?

Posted 09-14-2021, 07:38 PM
Eve thrived off being watched. She was simply obsessed with the knowledge that she commanded people's attention and they almost always hold their breaths in her presence. There was a high to be found in knowing that people either admired her, wanted to be her, wanted her or all of the above. And though almost every fibre of her being screamed to find safety, Eve couldn't help but stay and be thrilled as North seemingly paid attention to her.

"Ohhh, I see we share the same tastes..." she sultry crooned then bit on her lower lip as her emerald gaze met his. She was amused to have this piece of knowledge of him, something which wasn't in the severely anaemic file her little pets manage to scrounge up about him for her. "...but though I agree that sharing is fun, I only share them with one man. And it is quite unfortunate, but it seems I'm a woman of my word." she chuckled darkly as her thoughts were again invaded by thoughts of Atlas.

She idly plays with the ends of her hair, curling and uncurling them around her delicate fingers as North delicately spoke of the rumours about her. "Oohh I've heard much worse, Mr. Sigurd, there's no need to soften the blow." Eve wouldn't be able to hold her position as it was now if she hadn't stepped on and cut off some toes.

As he spoke of a game, she stretched out her svelte form and then sprang up from the chaise lounge. "I do love games~ but me joining any depends on the stakes involved. What kind of game do you have in mind?"

Tag North Sigurd

Posted 09-29-2021, 10:32 AM This post was last modified: 09-29-2021, 10:35 AM by Eve Lovell
TAG Eve Lovell
NOTES N/A

He grins at her comment of them being alike — it grows that much wider at her comment of sharing with only one man. There was no other indication of how he might be feeling about the comment, except for the slight narrowing of his eyes. North is not one to simply roll over — his ego knows no bounds, especially with the power given to him both in body (Infected) and status (Major). But if there any other feeling towards Eve making it clear she did not plan to share with him, it's hidden by the feral grin thrown her way.

“Ah, what a pity. Life would be so dull for me, if I were to tie myself down in such a way,” is the only answer he finally provides her, the hint of a purr in his words making it hard to discern if it was meant as an insult or not. It's the truth however. North loved sampling different wines, in more ways than one, and being forced to drink from the same bottle for the rest of his life was... Simply horrible. There's no further judgement from the man, however, as their conversation twists towards that of a potential game the two of them might play. A laugh follows her words about not needing to soften the blow, a continued chuckle rumbling in his chest as North shakes his head softly.

She may not need the blow to be softened, but it felt so ugly to tell her to her face exactly the rumours he'd heard about her. Why, they were downright animalistic, worse chatter even than that of talking about Infected.

He watches as she springs from where he was laying at the mention of a game, long gown flowing around her as she does so and accentuates the womanly curves that catch the hound dog's attention. Ever a one-track mind, North. He stays sitting even as she moves, taking no hint of threat at her changing their positions with one another. He merely stays put, the same grin never once wavering from his expression.

“You love games, but only if the stakes are right? Hm, interesting,” he muses carefully. “Although, I can't fault you for that either. Things are certainly much more interesting when there's a hint of... Danger.” A game that could lose it all for the one that doesn't play their cards right.

“Tell me, have you ever heard of Russian Roulette?”

Posted 10-04-2021, 05:44 PM
Eve laughed at his veiled sarcasm about her living a dull life. "Oh you must have misunderstood me." She chuckled as she wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. "I only share my pets with one man. I never said I tied myself down with him." She proudly turned her chin up.

True, Atlas influenced a lot of her movements nowadays, yet Eve still considered herself a free woman. She could still play around if she wanted to, which she does, only rarer now with so much business to do. But there was really nothing Atlas could do about her doing what she wanted. Eve believed the commitment she had to Atlas remains one that was between their being King and Ace. Though they also heavily amused each other and had liberties to one another's bodies, she didn't think it was anything close to what North suggested it to be.

When finally, they were following the same tune, she thought them back on track. "I do know of Russian Roulette." It was one game she used to play with her disobedient pets. Yet having it suggested to be played right now made Eve wary of the other's intentions.

"If I didn't know any better, you're trying to put me out of the picture, Mr. Sigurd." Planting her hand over her hip, she tilted her head as she curiously stared at the man. "Or are you suddenly feeling like running with gangsters?" She giggled at him. From the file provided to her, she at least knew that the man belonged to the military. As to what capacity, she was unsure.

"What's in it for you to play this game? 'Coz as much as I want to entertain an uninvited guest, I don't really quite like you just yet." Enticing as the game was, Eve was not in a hurry to kill herself. If he only meant to have fun and had no intention to harm her, then perhaps they could find something else to play. Something with the same thrill but with lesser consequences.

If however, he was here to arrest her and was only beating around the bush, she felt he might as well do it now.
Tag North Sigurd

Posted 10-11-2021, 01:43 PM
TAG Eve Lovell
NOTES N/A

North scoffs, internally — she can try to justify it however she wanted, but North sees no difference. She had herself tied to sharing with only one man, how dull. Ironic that was how he felt, perhaps, seeing as how he didn't like sharing with others either. At least, not when he found something interesting that captivated his attention. No matter. Perhaps it was for the best they not share the same meal anyway, lest one be trying to poison the other. A grin at that thought, that only broadens as Eve begins to respond to his innocuous question about whether or not she knew of Russian Roulette.

He laughs, a deep rumble in his chest as the woman suggests he was trying to put her out of the picture. He wasn't, not really, but — could you really trust a monster's motivations? He wasn't exactly someone with a moral conscience, and considering he saw humans as little more than food, well... It wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibilities, he supposed.

“I have had my fair share of offers to get my hands dirty in other ways,” North comments as Eve questions if he was suddenly feeling like running with gangsters. It's true — in one way or another, he was connected to many members of the Jabberwockies at one point or another. He was a corrupt officer in many ways, but dipping his toes in the underbelly of Stronghold certainly topped that chart. Should Eve think she could persuade him to do so again — well, let's just say she wouldn't be the first to attempt such a thing.

But then she continues to talk, jumping to conclusions without allowing him a moment to explain first, and the Major is quick to laugh once more.

“Relax, you didn't allow me to finish. Sitting around a table and waiting for a gun to go off isn't exactly what I consider a night of fun,” North muses with a grin. He's quiet for a moment, a stretch of silence in which he allows himself to once more trail his gaze over her body, observing her standing before him now before he returns his gaze to her once more. His body relaxes further, stretched upon the couch as thought he owned the very space he currently occupied. Let her know he was still in charge of their little meeting.

“Besides, a quick death for some cheap thrills is not my idea of a fun game. No... I have something else in mind,” he begins, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. “Russian Roulette is a game of chance, but the suspense and thrill of not knowing when your opponent will fall is something I thoroughly enjoy. We can dance around one another as much as we please, but I think we both know — we are both in a position where we could lose something to the other, something much more valuable than life.”

“A game of cat and mouse. Whoever loses, becomes a pawn for the other,” he clarifies at the end, a criminal grin that made it clear no good could come out of agreeing to his terms.

Posted 10-28-2021, 10:41 PM
Although her face and her body featured a look of ease, Eve was anything but. His eyes were more unnerving than the way he was poised upon her couch. Her irritation at this military man was growing by the minute and alongside was a feeling that the longer he was here the more it dangerous it was becoming. It was a most unpleasant feeling and yet she couldn’t determine if she felt as thrilled as when it was Atlas intimidating her.

Licking her lower lip, she considered having him thrown out for a brief moment before deciding against it. To do so would likely cause more trouble than necessary. As Eve arrived at that conclusion, she also came to accept that she had to be the one to put some effort into keeping things manageable.

Sauntering over to North, she hiked her skirt higher and revealed more of her slender thighs as she lowered herself upon the couch, planting a hand onto the backrest behind his head, almost but not quite boxing him in as she straddled his thigh. ”You know Mr. Sigurd, if it isn’t obvious yet, recently I find I hardly care for my own safety. Much less others’.” Eve crooned as she leaned forward and met his unnerving stare.

Long brunette locks framed her face as she inched her face closer until the tip of her nose touched his. ”I’m not really in the mood for games. Neither do I appreciate the prospect of being someone’s pawn.”

Viridescent eyes framed by long lashes briefly looked down to gaze at his lips, before fluttering back to meet North’s eyes. ”However, with the right incentive, I could be persuaded to play…as an equal partner rather than pawn.”

Ghosting her lips over his, Eve grinned. ”So tell me, Mr. Sigurd, what can you offer that could change my mind?”

---
Tag North Sigurd

Posted 02-01-2022, 11:36 AM This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 08:39 AM by Eve Lovell