Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    OOC Community    Thread Archives    OOC Archives    Character OOC    CHOKE

N/A CHOKE    Hearts or Clubs w/ Hyde!
Thread Closed
1 Posts Hyde
Introduction
You almost trip over an abandoned bottle of wine as you enter the dishevelled room. You’re curious to know about what lingers within. You hope to see what is shrouded in the darkness that stretches towards you, concealing the clutter and chaos you heard this Writer thrives in. You hear her before you see her; a gangly thing shrouded in blankets that drifts towards you like a hunched golem. A finger crooks towards you - you have the good sense to feel ready to run when she lets out a maniacal laugh, “Welcome to my cabinet of curiosities!” You can smell the coffee on her breath, but she teeters as if exhaustion wars with her rumoured permanently wine addled mind. An arm ensnares you, pulls you in close and forces you deeper into her mess of half-completed ideas and forgotten concepts. “Careful, everything bites here!” Hyde, they call her. You wonder if she ever was Jekyll.

Writing Style
Dramatic, unnecessary, and likely long winded. I enjoy pretty words, metaphors, and fluff - if you haven’t noticed already. On average, I write between 450-1000+ words pending on the thread, the day, my mood, and the alignment of the stars. I can guarantee plenty to work with, but I will never consciously match length. Despite this, however, I only ever expect my writing partners to work within their comfort levels. If I give a large post, please know I never expect one in return. I’m a simple, low maintenance sort: Just give me enough to work with and I’ll always be happy.

I am an adult who enjoys writing adult things. I come with a 3-3-3 rating, and no triggers. However - I do ask that you please give me a little warning if your character/thread has mentions of domestic violence. I have no qualms if the topic matter is in threads with me, but due to my job, I have dealt with horrible situations enough that I just… need a moment before diving in. Besides this, I’m comfortable writing violence, and just as comfortable writing smut - although it must be noted that collaborative stories is my hobby, not strictly smut.

All plots are on the table within reason. If you have an idea, query, whatever, please reach out! Even if you’re not sure! I’ll try my best to make it work without losing the headcanon of my own characters. They bite, I don’t, I promise! As you’ll find, I tend to write volatile, emotionally unavailable (or are they?) women. It’s a trend. Strong, intense women are just my thing.

Lastly, my discord DMs are always open and I’m the sort that really enjoys gushing over characters and discussing long term plots and threads. So, again, don’t be shy and reach out!

Activity
As a general rule, I only write on weekends. It could be every other weekend pending on how I’m feeling and if I have a social life. I have a ‘no tech’ rule after work throughout the week. Activity is the only area where I feel it necessary to come with a warning sign: Don’t press me for posts. I’m not quick, I never will be. So if you need posts every few days, please don’t approach me. I require patience in this field.

+10 AEST is my timezone. So I also will likely keep opposite hours to most.

Code:
<div class="jinx-code-reply">
WRITE WITH HYDE REPLY HERE.
</div>

Posted 09-10-2021, 04:39 AM This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 12:31 AM by Hyde
Played by    12 Posts Aspen O'Hara
Aspen O’Hara  | Clubs Ace, Arms Dealer, Sniper
Up until 2093, Aspen was part of the military. One of many born straight into it without any choice but to follow in their parents’ footsteps despite the permission to dream of a better world. The girl was a high-spirited, impulsive, at times reckless woman during this time. From her teenage years, she was smuggling medical supplies out to the Eclipse. After 2093, she was scooped up by the Jabberwockies and quickly made her way to a High Card position. In September, 2095, she brutally claimed the mantle as Ace. The woman she used to be is in there somewhere beneath the hard fury and ruthlessness she is known for now as a reputable arms dealer… among other things. Aspen is a mercilessly driven woman who wants to dismantle the military. And she’ll do what she must to make it happen.
I’m open to absolutely anything so if you have an idea, don’t be shy to reach out and float it.
Relationships

Platonic

Aspen is in a place in her life where friends are few and far between. This is both a product of her environment as much as her own personality; having found herself in a world where attachments are a flaw. She now has a habit of keeping people at arm’s length and if they are drawn near - it isn’t without strings. Aspen is as likeable as she is detestable. She’s a charismatic, sharp witted individual capable of fitting to whatever it is someone needs at the time. She used to be a warm and considerate individual, but the world has made her cold. True friendships aren’t her priority anymore. True, genuine friendships will be hard earned.

Romantic

Romance. Love. Lust. Sex. Sometimes these things crossover, but most of the time, they don’t. There’s a few sweet flings in her background, one in particular that weighs down on her heart that you can read about further down. But as it stands, she’s the sort who enjoys sex for what it is. It’s a tool as much as it is a top notch pastime. She’s the sort you would expect in plots filled with sexual tension, cat and mouse games, a sprinkle of danger, and likely a whole lot of reckless abandon. Is true romance a possibility? Fairytales are off the table, but a constant push and pull, take and give, yeah definitely. Something that sits on the razor’s edge. They both care but lord knows they have a shit way of showing it.

Antagonistic

From petty to problematic, there’s a colourful assortment of enemies out there for Aspen. Some she shunned, refused to do business with, or simply caught her on a bad day. A scorned lover wanting more when she had nothing to give. Disgruntled Clubs displeased with her quick rise. Some in the Eclipse who may feel she betrayed them given their long standing history. Not to mention the plethora in the military both from her time within and her current need to be a continuous thorn in their side. It could be simply that her sharp tongue was more vicious than usual and it hit all the wrong buttons for an individual. How she handles them really depends on the who and why.
Plot Ideas

General Ideas

Jabberwockies: Aspen is the sort that makes an effort to know all her Clubs. Like a general remembering the names of her soldiers. If you’ve got a Club, it’s a guaranteed thread. Because of her recent rise to Ace, there’s a little unrest amongst the Clubs and there’s definitely space for disgruntled gang members. She still runs her arms dealing business, and has plenty of informants scattered across territories as well as smugglers. Please see her wanted for more information. Besides this, she’s a common sight in Hearts territory. Spades plots are certainly not out of the question either.

Connections: Long-term connections in the Eclipse lends to plots too in all flavours. Those unhappy she didn’t join them, those who look at her differently when the once sweet girl went from medical supplies to arms dealing. To those who are the closest to friends as you’re likely to get from her. Drifters also fit into this too, for past and present plots.

Military: Aspen still has friends here. The sort who smuggle the arms out to her and keep in contact through various means. There’s also the chance for obvious enemies. Maybe even a cruel officer or two.

Need weapons? She’s got them. Need a sniper watching your six? She’s got you covered. She’ll sell in exchange for cash and/or information.

Chapter

2093, there’s a gap between when she fled and when she joined the Clubs. It’s a blank spot in her history that needs to be filled. Who invited her into the fold? Why the Clubs? Why not Eclipse? There’s a chance here for her to be a mole all along… for the right plot, for the long game. Was it an innocent case of someone wanting to give her a purpose? Driven by greed? Maybe she’s got a debt to pay off. It can be as tame or as spicy as you want.

Some People Can’t Change

An early life love interest. This may turn into a wanted eventually if there’s no nibble straight away. Head canon is that it’s ‘Diego’, the friend who taught her Spanish. But I’m perfectly content for it to be someone else entirely. This person went through basic with her, maybe even was a childhood friend. Friendship turned into more as a teenagers and into early adulthood. He’s sweet and kind and the polar opposite of Aspen which is part the problem. The other problem is, he’s completely loyal to the regime and can’t come to terms with who Aspen has become or where her loyalties now lie. This won’t have a happy ending. It’s simply about losing friends, wading through falling out of love, and understanding when to let go. Could be just two ships passing in the night, a reserved friendship where they wish each other the best - or my personal favourite, somebody dies.

Posted 10-14-2021, 11:32 PM
Played by    0 Posts Viatrix Kaiser
Viatrix Kaiser  | Hearts Queen, Madame of Kaiser Brothels
The Queen of Hearts is an enigmatic individual that tends to be underestimated and assumed as nothing more than a particularly talented courtesan with a lust for power. While the statement isn’t entirely incorrect, Viatrix is known for her genuinity when regarding numbers and most mathematical equations. She’s a woman with a natural knack for spinning a profit and doesn’t have the moral compass to keep her from seeing another’s flesh for anything more than a monetary amount.

Viatrix is the gang’s treasurer, but also the Madame of a dozen brothels affectionately known as the Kaiser Empire. Although loyal to the Hearts, her loyalty is somewhat dependent on the security of her property and thus, she isn’t particularly interested in politics so much as who can be controlled, and who needs to be… disposed of.
I’m open to absolutely anything so if you have an idea, don’t be shy to reach out and float it.
Relationships

Platonic

Via surrounds herself with people, but remains lonely. She’s a woman that struggles with platonic relationships and expects everyone to want more than a kind word from her. It’s a trait that had been with her since she regained consciousness in this world, born from an era she only witnesses in her nightmares. That reaction that everyone wants more than her most basic company. As a result, she tends to hold people at arms length and can be quite evasive if she isn’t sure how to genuinely react. If she can’t avoid it, she can become incredibly defensive to the point of cruel. Despite this, she would have several friends that she could be considered ‘close’ to. Away from friendships and towards associates, those relationships are done with far more ease and Via is both a social delight and a mischievous individual. It’s a shame she doesn’t know how to act without one of her many, many masks. Then again, she doesn’t truly know who she is.

Romantic

Viatrix is an object. They all are. This is what her entire identity is founded upon and what has gotten her to where she is today. Beauty is a tool, one Via has come to rely upon for the sake of survival - as well as for profit. A cadre surrounds her, a specific group of men and women that are welcomed into her rooms as if she couldn’t bear the thought of being removed from company for a night. It’s a place of honour, deemed a position of exclusivity. Alas, it’s also a place to be terrified because they’re the first Via will swing towards when she’s upset. Despite her reputation, the dark grit of which she has embraced, Via is secretly a romantic. There’s a piece of her that fantasizes of a happily ever after, that yearns for someone to shield her from all this and let her live in peace. That desires nothing more than to be looked after. Too bad she would never let anyone hold her heart, let alone believe their interest was genuine.

Antagonistic

Enemies come in different shapes and sizes within Via’s world. The downtrodden, families who track their loved ones to her doors and no further. People tricked into her employment. Clients thrown out due to light pockets or rough hands. Scorned lovers, sour business associates cast aside by Via. The occasional Heart who attempted to wield the Queen’s hand in the gangs’ coffers to find she isn’t that easily swayed. Envy, jealousy, one-sided devotion, honestly… the list goes on.
Plot Ideas

General Ideas

Kaiser Brothels: There will be more written on them soon, but in short, Via owns about a dozen brothels across the territory. From the main jewel in her crown that she claims as her home, upmarket and luxurious, to the hovels in the slums that are little more than rutting opium dens she ignores save to cast someone into them if she finds it necessary. There is space for employees, and clients here.

Cadre: There is a small, exclusive group of men and women that drift through Via’s quarters with far more freedom than most. The woman is an affectionate sort that can’t bear being alone for a night; needing comfort, the warmth of another beside her even in sleep. It’s a prized position, one that is just as terrifying as they’re the front line of Via’s displeasure. You can fall out of favour quickly here, or, you can make yourself far more useful to her than just the most recent flavour of the month. There will likely be a wanted for these* (0/5)

Businesses: Viatrix is disgustingly rich and well off for this world. She is a mastermind at numbers and seems to be blessed with the third eye when it comes to recognising a profit and a loss. As such, there is plenty of space for business associates or people needing a little loan to get themselves off the ground. Just keep in mind deals with Via likely come with high interest and strings attached.

White Dove

Slow burn heartbreak. I have a need for a plot where a sweet, but dominant creature comes into Via’s life. Through her business or something else, this woman will be Via’s serious romance arch who will essentially put Via at ease enough for the woman to embrace the pieces of her that want only to be gentle, pliant, and taken care of. Headcanon is a woman, but I could be persuaded otherwise. This won’t be a tense or rough love affair. Make it sweet. But bittersweet, because I’m me and I have every intention of shredding Via’s heart into tiny itty, bitty little pieces. The details of which we can hash out.

Conflict of Interest

Someone in the district is encroaching on Via’s turf and the woman is not impressed. Clients have drifted, and one of her employees has been spotted at an establishment that isn’t under the Kaiser umbrella. Eventually she will seek out the owner and what she finds - who she finds - isn’t what she was expecting. Whatever and whoever will be an impact on Via personally as well as her business.

Shuffling of Cards

Viatrix is… displeased to say the least with the current Ace. A fact he is aware of, others probably assume, but she keeps her displeasure between them. Mostly. It has everything to do with the fact he isn’t so easily swayed by her so much as the previous ace. Regardless of this, he’s allowed her to keep her position which is more than can be said for others. It’d be kinda cool if there were a few disgruntled high cards turned low cards loitering around.

Posted 10-15-2021, 12:24 AM This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 12:24 AM by Viatrix Kaiser
Thread Closed