Welcome Guest! Login Register
Blood & Bone    Quarantine Zone    Stronghold    Commercial District    The Crossroads    Random Event The Messenger [ Blood Moon ]

Random Event  The Messenger [ Blood Moon ]    north x colton
Thread Closed
25 Posts Plot/NPC

NORTH x COLTON [ BLOOD MOON ]

Tonight was supposed to be just an ordinary lunar eclipse.

But something’s different this time around. The full moon is already high in the sky.
Clouds shroud it from sight one minute, and the next they’re gone, revealing the moon to
no longer be its usual white light, but rather something much more sinister. As though
bathed in blood, its reddish hue gives off a frightening appearance.

It’s a blood moon.

It’s a late night in Stronghold.

After an unusual request by Charles Holcombe, the ex-Military Security Captain, North Sigurd makes his way down to one of the Spadess Fighting Arenas. His task was to pass along a message to Charles' son, Colton Holcombe, that the arena was to be raided by the Military within a week and he was to make sure he wasn't there when it happened. Unfortunately being underground make the two unaware of the blood moon as it appears overhead, and in only a split second, the world descends into chaos around them as all levels of Infected are affected at once.

Fighting Infected grow agitated, turning on handlers and fight participants alike in a frenzy never seen before. Their thirst and bloodlust become heightened to a point where gnashing teeth are strong enough to rip through metal. But perhaps the ones most affected by the change are the Level V's, their fangs no longer concealed and eyes turning an unnatural colour, glowing in the dark.

Trapped underground with a hungry horde, will anyone make it out alive?

Event Mechanics

IMPORTANT    The Staff Team has done their best to tailor this event to the characters participating. However, if you feel that it doesn't fall in line with your character's motives, and/or you have any other issue with the above prompt, then feel free to reach out to anyone on the Staff Team. Corrections to the prompt can be made as long as both characters haven't made their first post yet.

Players are free to start the thread either how the prompt ends, or just before it starts in order to provide background information. Please consult one another first on where you'd prefer to start.

This event thread is not staff run; it is up to the players to progress the thread. However, the Staff Team may occasionally post with the Plot/NPC account for surprises. Participating players are also free to contact the Staff Team and request a post if they so wish.

Please refer back to the Original Event Post for more information on mechanics.

Posted 10-10-2021, 09:30 PM
Played by Silhouette    152 Posts North Sigurd
TAG Colton Holcombe
NOTES Starting a bit before the Blood Moon happens

North didn't like acting like someone's messenger boy, especially not when it was for someone of lower rank than him. But he had to admit — he was rather curious when he got word that one of their ex-captains wanted to talk with him. He'd heard news floating about on what happened to Charles Holcombe weeks ago, but it hadn't particularly interested him or anything. It was just another Military dog getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Or, well, drug jar in this case. It amused the Major to no end how easy it was for someone to be in the organization for that long and still get caught, yet here he was, keeping not only his status as an Infected secret, but also his own wrongdoings with the Jabberwockies. Therefore, he had no sympathy for the man.

But he did eventually go to talk to the ex-captain, who surprisingly enough wanted North to do him a favour — again, laughable really. But North just so happened to be in a period of boredom and... Well, things happened, and now he currently found himself in one of the hubs suspected of being a Jabberwockies Spades' den. Enough so, that with their intel, they planned to raid the establishment within the coming week. Which is exactly why he found himself there, to inform the ex-captain's son to make himself scarce before they showed up. If he was found working with the Jabberwockies, he'd be treated as nothing more than a gangster himself, and wind up in the Military compound's jail — or worse, thrown out of Stronghold.

Now the question was: would North do as he was asked?

That still remained to be seen. The Major decided depending on how his meeting with the ex-captain's son went, he would either tell him... Or let him be captured by the Military. Whichever felt most fun.

The building wasn't typical of a Spades den. That is to say, it didn't have an underground fighting ring like many of them did. But they did have intelligence that there were Infected in back rooms, often freshly caught from No Man's Land and brought here first to feed and strengthen before they'd be brought to fight. Needless to say, taking down this spot would weaken the Spades tremendously. That did, however, mean it was much easier for North to track down someone who worked at the place, which from the main room, resembled a bar of sorts. North makes quick work of hunting down one of the waitresses, immediately putting on his charming personality.

“Good evening, miss. I dare say you look rather ravishing tonight,” he crooned with a light purr, wicked blue eyes hooded seductively. “While I would much rather spend my night talking to you, I am afraid I have some business to attend to first. I am looking for a Colton, do you know where I might find him?” Simple words, yet North knows exactly how to spin them to get what he wants. The woman blushes under his intense gaze and directs him towards a door that leads him further into the back. Where, he assumes, Colton awaits.

Posted 10-17-2021, 05:26 PM
Played by    32 Posts Colton Holcombe
Colton didn't know if he should be relieved to be getting another job or not. On one hand, the Spades seemed to be trusting him with more and more; though slight and truly not a huge step -- filling up the blood bags to feed the Infected was at least a new responsibility. Something more. A job that didn't require him to risk his life near the cages, even though he had been gifted a saving grace. A silent dogs whistle lay looped loosely around his neck by a metal bead chain. It would stop the Infected in their tracks. He didn't know exactly how it worked, only that they cringed and skittered away at the sound it made, appearing painful and torturing. He checked to make sure it was still there, beneath his shirt, no less than once an hour.

Instead of being in the kennels, in order to do his new chore he had to go to the kitchens. Large metal counter tops speckled with rust lined the walls and the inner island where he stood. A large vat of dark crimson blood sat positioned in one side of the sink. On the other side, a metal pail bucket, filled with small plastic bags of blood that he had already made up. He cringed, trying not to think about what he was doing, though he was much more desensitized to it all than he had been before. It was still a large pot of blood, not his mom's homemade chili. Sadly.

He lifted the ladle and with his opposing hand held open the Ziploc-like baggy, pouring it in, and then checking for leaks before he sealed it. Carefully he placed it in the pail with the others. He had done this about thirty times, but the bucket of blood still looked as full as ever. He sighed, dropping the ladle back into the pot and stretching his fingers, then leaned against the counter a moment.

Staring into the blood, he chewed the inside of his bottom lip. He squinted, could be chili sauce though. Looks like tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes. The kind ma use to get from the market, paid a lot for those. The words came to him like they were his stream of thoughts, but they weren't. Do the infected eat tomatoes? Is that what they eat? Colton's brows lowered, confused.

And then as if having to prove to himself it wasn't a vat full of tomato sauce or juice, he lifts his hand and dipped his index finger into the blood; pulling it up and toward the end of his nose where he stared at it. He rubbed his thumb into his finger, back and forth, trying to get a feel for the texture. Feels like it. Doesn't it? Bet it tastes like it too. Colt shook his head, "No … way." but he was already feeling on the fence about it. You should find out.

Colt looked behind him, checking to see if he was alone, before he turned back to it on his finger and nearly brought it to his lips. At the same time, a loud clank jolted him from his concentration. The blood didn't make it to his tongue, but grazed just beneath his lower lip and chin. At the same time, his hand came down in reaction and the clipped the handle of the ladle, catapulting a spoon full of blood into the air and then down all over the counter top; some splattering Colt's shirt.

He stood there, dazed and holding his arms out like he was both afraid of moving (as if he would make another mess) and also in a state of disgust. It's definitely not tomatoes. Colt pulled his lips together, taunt, and in a straight line.

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 10-26-2021, 01:39 PM
TAG Colton Holcombe
NOTES N/A

The overwhelming, pungent stench of blood fills the man's senses as he pushes his way to the very back of the underground facilities, nostrils flaring as he draws himself further into the room on instinct. A flash of gold in his eyes before it's gone just as quickly as it appeared, masking the monster that screamed just beneath the surface of his skin. North's cold gaze rakes through the room as his head swims with the need to hunt, to kill, to feed — the unfortunate victim of North's attention swiftly becomes apparent as the only other person in the room. For a moment, North doesn't say anything. Can't say anything without risking the fangs that he could feel under his top lip. Eyes focus themselves on the blood splattered across the young man's face and chest, much more enticing than whatever disgusting old blood sat in a pot in gruel.

North's not a complete monster — not entirely. He's struggled amongst the human population long enough to control his inner demon, and it takes him just a few seconds to pull himself together again before his fangs vanish back into his gumline and he pulls his lips into a smooth, criminal grin.

“I apologize, I didn't mean to scare you,” he purrs with a delightfully dark tone, rich like chocolate. In to the room he stalks, one long step at a time, his long cloak fluttering behind him in his wake. His eyes unconsciously drop once more to take in the delectable sight of the human covered in blood — his own blood, in his veins, pumping in anxiety and most likely shock still. North can't help the way his tongue smooths itself against his bottom lip before his attention once more returns to the young man's face. Though not usually so willing to give another being so much personal space, North stops at a far distance from the stranger, choosing not to get much closer for his own sanity.

“I've come to speak with someone named Colton. I was told I could find him back here,” he muses, an entertained quirk of his eyebrow as he tilts his head ever so slightly. “Would that be you, by any chance?”

Posted 04-12-2022, 10:55 PM
Standing there, arms still held out some ways away from his body; Colton hesitates to move a muscle, other than his eyes which remain unflinching at the cause of his startlement. It's a man, a stranger, as most men are to him down in the underground. For a moment Colton appraised him, eyes wide at first, but narrowing by the second. Still yet, he never allows himself to glare. Glaring was dangerous down here. Especially when it seemed to take very little in the way of insult to stir violence among the Spades.

"You didn't." Colt is quick to rebuttal, also aware that showing weakness was never a good way to start. It was most clearly a lie, as he stood there, wearing the evidence on his shirt and face. Even his tone was meek comparatively to the stranger's whom dripped with an air of confidence. Colton wanted to slink away already, return to some dark corner of the facility and hope for invisibility.

Instead the stranger comes closer and it takes everything Colt has to keep his feet planted where they were. Thankfully the man seems only interested in a proximity that will allow them to speak. Awkwardly, as the man gives Colt a look over, Colt in turn drops his gaze and brings his arms down to his sides. One palm crossing over his torso to the opposing arm and slid down the length of it, as if wiping away the blood splattered there -- though only succeeding in smearing it. "Can, can I help you?" Colton pretends not to notice the other's appraisal of himself.

As soon as the man says his name, Colton felt his heart race with adrenaline. His mind swam with questions and voices that furthered his paranoia. How does he know? Why does he know? What does he want? What does he want? Colton can't bring himself to look the stranger in the eye. He panics and lies. "No... no that's not me." That same hand that had swiped down his arm was now twisting the end of his shirt around his fingers. "Who are you?" his throat felt incredibly dry. "I can tell him you wanted to talk to him... when … I see him?"

Tag North Sigurd
Posted 10-31-2022, 10:57 PM
TAG Colton Holcombe
NOTES N/A

He denies being scared, but, oh!— It is so obvious. North can heard the younger man's heart beating in his chest, much faster than a normal heart rate. But even if he couldn't, the look on his face... The blood that was spilled in his fright — it's much too obvious. So why lie about it? A puzzled look is thrown Colton's way, but North doesn't hide the sideways grin he throws at the reaction. This is someone that could be fun to play with. But he has obligations to someone first — someone that used to be one of his superiors. Though the man isn't anymore, and is nothing but a lowly human, North will follow through like the good dog he is.

No. The word is enough to bring the Infected to a stop, his cool, ice-blue gaze still trained to Colton's face, even as the human denies he's the one that the Military officer is looking for. From the earlier lie he wants to immediately doubt the human, but it wasn't like he exactly knew about the inner workings of the Jabberwockies. What would his luck even be like to run into the person he was looking for, with the first person he found?

“What a pity. My message is of the utmost importance,” he he muses in a low tone, eyes dropping now to take in the way Colton twists the bottom of his shirt in his fingers — round and round it goes, the fabric winding tight, still caked in blood. His eyes lift, ever so slowly, when asked who he is. It would have been so easy to simply bark out his identity — Military. Demand the information he needed under threat of imprisonment. But—

“If you're not the one I'm looking for—” a step even closer— “Does that mean you're free to join me for some fun?” His eyes, hot and heavy, unfocused as the blood overwhelms him once more. He completely tramples over Colton's questions, outright refusing to answer as his mind swims and grows hungry with a gnawing desire to feast. “I can come back and look for him another time myself. But you're here now, with me, alone.” His grin is absolutely feral now.

Posted 11-06-2022, 12:05 AM
Colton peeks up from his hands as the other suggests his message is incredibly important. The curiosity alone immediately sunk into his mind and made it swim with more and more questions. It was as if the other were dangling a bone and Colt the mere pup dying for a lick of it. For a moment he even considers fessing up to the lie, just to know what the message was. But he can't. He tamps that urge back down, but tries another approach. "You could write it down, I can give it to him? He probably won't be around until, way later. Like maybe not until tomorrow. Don't waste a trip or anything...." The last thing he wanted to do was for this guy to try coming back tomorrow... again. It laid out a risk that perhaps Colt wouldn't be alone the next time the stranger came and therefore, outing his identity.

The man steps closer and Colt drops his gaze again, looking at the other's shoes and disliking their proximity. He swallows hard when the next question is proposed, "F-fun?" Colt's confused, or he feigns confusion in an attempt to hope that whatever fun entails, it's actually fun, and not something that could get him killed or worst. He has little hope for the latter.

Colt looks up just a second to see that dangerous look on the man's face and quickly takes a few steps back, rounding the stainless steel table he's been working at inside the kitchen. His actions scream of fear and a choice for defensive measures, but he tries to pass it off as needing to get back to work. "No, no I should finish this. Um, my boss, he'll be real mad if I'm not done soon... he might even come looking for me. I mean he definitely will." So not alone. Definitely, not alone for long. he finishes inside his head.

He attempts to casually open a drawer on the other side of the table, wondering if there were any... silverware.

Tag Tag: North Sigurd
Posted 11-08-2022, 10:03 AM
Thread Closed